Wednesday, May 1, 2019

catching up


I love every month of the year, but there is something about May that is special to me.  Maybe because it's the only month where eating Mexican food is celebrated?  I'm not sure, but y'all.  I love me some Mexican food, and could eat it just about every day of my life.  I had some yesterday for lunch, but I could have it again today, and the same exact thing, if you want to know the truth.  Chips and salsa is DEFINITELY my top love language.  ;)

This week is already moving faster along than last week.  I have no idea why, but last week felt like two weeks instead of just one.  Well, I do know the reasons why, but we'll just move along now.  

With a new month, comes a new plan for scripture writing!  I thought I'd share it with you, in case any of you want to join me in this.  


If I could ever recommend one thing for someone to do in their personal quiet time each day, it would be this.  Scripture writing has been one of the biggest blessings in my life.  I have been doing this for almost four years, taking a short break during the last six months or so, but I missed it so much, I had to start it up again.  There is something about writing out the word of God that helps commit it to my mind, my heart, and my memory.  I will always be doing this, as long as Shannon from Sweet Blessings writes these out, but even if she were to stop, I always save my the pages from each month.  

I have used notebook paper to do this, I have used journals, spiral notebooks...that's not the point, the point is just do get started.  I do miss a day here and there, and when I do, I don't try to catch back up, I just start back at that day that I start again and go from there.  I don't beat myself up for it, and I try not to be all legalistic about this, I just write it any and every chance I get.  Sometimes it's every day, sometimes, it's every other day.  I have a huge binder that holds two full years of writing, and I'm working on a second one as we speak.  

Do you want to join me in this?  It's the perfect day to start!

If you want a printable version, click here for the PDF file.


It has been so beautiful here lately.  I was out in my backyard earlier in the week, with my dogs, and glanced up and saw this.  I know we've had a ton of rain lately, which is nobody's favorite thing, but if this is what it brings forth, then I'm glad for that.  I love looking all around me in nature, and seeing all this new life that spring brings to us.  It is a spiritual picture of the new life we have in Christ Jesus, when we believe in and put our faith in Him.  We were dead in our sin, but when we believe in and put our faith in Him, He makes us new.  It's a radical change that comes forth from this~in my life, the Lord even changed my countenance.  I went from walking around looking angry all the time to my "resting face" being uplifted at the corners of my mouth, like I'm smiling.  I promise, this is true, and several people know of this change that took place in me.  I love that things I see around me are then turned into spiritual pictures.  It's just another thing that God does for me, a kiss from the King, my friend Kari used to say.


Speaking of days of old, I spent some time Saturday remembering a difficult time I walked through five years ago.  It was not a major surgery that I underwent, as thousands of women go through this kind of thing everyday, but what was major was the year prior to the surgery I spent desperately sick and not knowing why.  I had doctor after doctor fail me, during this time, but the One who never once failed me, let me down, or disappointed me was Jesus.  I remember clinging to Him and His word, and spending so much time praying for others, as I waited yet another procedure.

He has been faithful, much more so than I have been to Him, but that's the beautiful thing about Him.  He keeps no record of wrongs.  It is so good to look back and remember all that He has done in our lives.  And more than that, it's good to remember who He is.  He is faithful, good, loving, kind, mighty, majestic, awesome and holy (it says somewhere in Psalm), a very present help in time of trouble.


I saved the best and biggest thing for last, and if you're on social media with me, you already know this.  This guy got the email we have been waiting for for months, it seems like, that he got accepted into nursing school!  He has orientation in June, and he will start the process of registering for the classes he will need to take in the fall.  I give all the praise, honor, and glory to God for this, because He has helped Drew tremendously this year.  I can't help but think of all the ones equally as smart and qualified as Drew, though, who did not get accepted this time around.  If I could, I would hug them and pray for them, that they would remain diligent and focused.  A really cool thing about all this is the way that God answered a prayer of mine for Drew~and that was that God's will would be accomplished in his life, and that He would help me and my agenda get out of the way.  If you are praying for something big, please don't give up.  Be faithful in prayer, but pray with faith!  Pray, knowing that God can and will accomplish His will in your life, especially if it brings Him glory.  The same God who performed miracles in the days when the bible was written is the very same God today, because His word says that He is the same yesterday, today, and forever.  

Pray with faith!  And if you don't have big faith, ask God to grow your faith in Him.  He can, and He will.  

Well, I need to get moving on this day, because I am having an indoor picnic with a friend of mine in a couple of hours.  Thanks for reading, friends.  Love to all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

a day in the life post on a Tuesday

  Happy Tuesday, friends! I'm taking notes from Joanne and Maria ; I decided to write my version of a day in the life post. This will h...