Thursday, February 28, 2019

What's Up Wednesday, but on a Thursday


I'm linking up with Shay and her friend Sheaffer for this blog post.  Shay is "Mix and Match Mama", and all her recipes are FABULOUS.  Go check out her blog!  Here's a link for you. 

1.  What we're eating this week:

So far, on Monday night we had pizza, I made some crockpot Mexican chicken on Tuesday and then shredded it for nachos, but for me, I ate it as a taco bowl and crumbled a few tortilla chips on top.  It's my favorite thing ever.  I use six chicken breasts, mix in two packets of taco seasoning with some water and stir it well, then pour it over the chicken, adding enough water to cover the meat.  Cook it all day on low, shred it with two forks, and enjoy.  It's delicious.  For my bowl, I added a spoon of rice, a spoon of black beans that were leftover, lots of chicken with the juice, a bit of shredded cheese, some lettuce and hot sauce.  I'm going to the store in a bit to buy some things to get us to next week, and to figure out what's for dinner tonight.

2.  What I'm reminiscing about:


My sisters and a really fun weekend in Nashville back in September, to celebrate Trish's birthday. 

Also, Debi was just in town, and we had such a great time visiting.  I miss them when they're gone.  Debi and Lisa both live near Denver.

3.  What I'm loving:


My local library.  I visit weekly, sometimes bi-weekly.  I'm going today to return and pick up some more, and THIS TIME, I'll have my list. 

4.  What we've been up to:

Debi was in town, so we spent time with family a lot the last few days. 

Jonah has been detailing cars this week, and that is his happy place.

5.  What I'm dreading:

Nothing  I can think of!

6.  What I'm working on:

Um, I don't work outside of my home, but I have a couple of projects I'm wanting to get back to in the next few weeks, and one is a writing project. 

7.  What I'm excited about:

Well, this isn't for me, it's for my hubby, but he was asked to be a part of some special training that is taking place next week in New Mexico!  I'm so excited for him, and he gets to go with his best friend, and that is always so much fun.  I've gotten to do this kind of thing a lot in the last few years~travel, take trips with my best friend~and I am so glad that he is finally getting a turn.  It's an all expense paid trip, and they leave Monday.  I know he is going to have a blast, and I'm proud that he was one of the ones asked to be a part of this.  I'm also really proud of him because he was asked something else recently, but I can't share that just yet.  #proudwifemoment

8.  What I'm watching/reading:

I just finished Parenthood again last night and started over with Gilmore Girls.  Imagine that.  I also recently started the new show New Amsterdam.  I'm reading all the books!  I read five in February, and I need to hurry and finish my current one, because it is freaking me out, and I cannot read scary books when Todd is away.

I'll do a book review later today.

9.  What I'm listening to:

The Holy Roar album by Chris Tomlin, the I Am Reminded album by Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir, and all the songs for the night of praise that is THIS Sunday night.


10.  What I'm wearing:

Pajamas, at the moment, but I went shopping on Tuesday and hit the clearance jackpot at Steinmart.  I can't wait to wear some of my new things. 

11.  What I'm doing this weekend:

Cooking, Todd is working tomorrow night (most likely), grocery shopping, singing, and getting him ready to leave town for a week.  They've all requested a roast, so I'll do that Sunday night.

12.  What I'm looking forward to next month:

I have a fun girls' weekend coming up, it's BIRTHDAY SEASON officially starting on March one, I have TWO awesome conferences coming up that I'm attending, and warmer weather and date nights.


This was us on the Peabody rooftop last year sometime and I can't wait to do this again.

13.  What else is new:

I think I covered it all. 

Thanks for reading my blog!  Love to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites, 4.26.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...