Friday, February 8, 2019

Friday Favorites


Happy Friday!  I'm linking up with Andrea from Momfessionals, and her friends Erika and Narci, for this linkup blog post. 

I wrote a whole long blog post yesterday, about what has been rolling around in my brain, and it left me feeling kinda raw and vulnerable.  I decided not to let the blog post go straight to the other forums it usually goes to after I hit "publish".  I kinda chickened out with it, once I was finished and had read the entire thing again.  Also, I feel like for the rest of the day, I wrestled with some other things I couldn't get off of my mind, and after much prayer, and tears, I let it all go.  It was an emotional day, but it started that way when one of my sons came to me with an Instagram post the son of my friend who died in the fire before Christmas shared.  He told me what the young man said in his post on Instagram, and then he left the room, because I think it got to him.  Even writing that makes me well up with tears.  When I went to look at his post myself, the minute I saw it, it took my breath away.  It was a picture of him hugging his mom, and him saying how much he missed her and her hugs. 

Goodness, I have to stop, or I'm going to get started all over again.  The reason I even share all that is to say that yesterday was a DAY, if you know what I mean, and also that when words fail, prayers go straight to Jesus.  I love what Psalm 56:8 says: "You yourself have collected my wanderings.  Put my tears in your bottle.  Are they not in your book?"  And if you want to pray for this young man, and his whole family and dad, your prayers would not be wasted. 

Some days are harder than others, but I cannot picture what a day without Jesus would look like.  Also, some days the enemy really messes with me, and I think this happened yesterday, now that I'm looking back.  For anyone who thinks he is not real, read 1 Peter 5:8.

Moving on to much lighter things, now.


This was on my Timehop this week.  I think this was five years ago, when Drew used the camera on my phone to zoom in and take pictures of these snowflakes that were on the back of my Suburban.  I remember him doing this like it was yesterday, and I remember being in awe of our Creator God when I looked at these.  I had never seen snowflakes up close before, and I thought the design we drew as young children in art class was a made up version of a snowflake.  It amazes me how intricate and unique each one is. 

This is one of my favorite pictures he has ever taken, and he has taken some pretty amazing pictures.


This piano is probably my favorite thing in my entire house.  I rarely show it, because weeks go by and this will sit untouched.  Or months, even.  One night this week when Todd ended up working late, I sat down to piddle around on this after dinner.  I say "piddle around", because I do not formally play.  I have some songs I've taught myself over the years, like Lean On Me, and an old song by Richard Marx from back in the day, but that's about the extent of what I know.  I can play all the scales and with both hands and I can play them with my left hand playing the harmony.  I found a chord tutorial video on YouTube, though, and ended up learning two worship songs.  I don't know if I could play them again right now if I were to sit and try again, but on that night, I could, and I even sang along.  (Kind of...it made me mess up more, though.  That makes me laugh at myself.)

Though it does need a good tuning, it still sounds remarkably well, for it to have been so long.


I took this yesterday morning, after I folded a load of towels.  This tea towel is my favorite.  It gets used, and washed, then put out again.  When I posted this picture yesterday morning, I had no idea how true it was going to be for the rest of my day.  Also, the blanket it sits on is one of my favorite blankets ever. 

And lastly, my quiet times this week have been some of my very favorite.


I read Matthew 27 this week along with my church family, about the crucifixion of Jesus, and I cried like a baby.  I do this every single time I read about this, and the pain and suffering that Jesus went through.  I never want to "get over" what He did for ME by dying on the cross.  And every time I finish reading about this, I pray, and every time when I tell Him thank You for what He did, it never seems adequate.  It could never be enough, just to say those words.  He knows my heart, though, and how much He means to me and how I mean those words from the very depth of my soul, so I have to trust that He hears me when I say them to Him. 

Speaking of reading in my quiet time, I need to get started on this beautiful day.  My dad is coming over today, and we're making a Costco run while he's here.  I have a few things I'd like to get done before he comes in a couple of hours.  Thanks for reading my blog!  Love to all. 

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a very emotional and tough week. I hope you feel the arms of Jesus wrapped around you in love and comfort in the next few days. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet. Thank you! I really didn't feel that way at all until yesterday, and man! What a day. Of course, my husband is always gone when I have this kind of day. When he's here, it helps to have someone to talk to about all the feelings. But thank you! I hope your weekend is great. ❤

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites, 4.26.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...