Tuesday, January 29, 2019

simply Tuesday

We were supposed to get a snowy mix today.  Or last night.  We did not.  I'm rolling my eyes at the weathermen in the area that usually seem to get it wrong.  I would love a good snow during this winter.  I don't know if we'll get it or not, but Memphis is crazy enough to be cold today and high fifties/low sixties by the weekend.  Watch it dump a huge amount of snow in middle March.  

While I love the snow, I don't want it to last too long...because I like to be able to get out and go places, but it is pretty to look at for a few days.  My sisters in Denver have snow right now, and it's so beautiful.  I'm not sure they feel the same way...I don't know if I would either, if I lived there.  

So today, on this beautiful, snow-less Tuesday, I have one who is missing his classes today, and possibly work, because he feels horrible.  I'm guessing it's sinus related, because it always is for most of us.  Good thing for him, he had an antibiotic that he never finished when he had this before, just a couple of months ago, so he started that again yesterday, along with sinus medicine.  The other two will be doing school work as usual.  I reported grades and attendance for them this morning, and plan on doing other mundane things today, like laundry, cleaning my bedroom and bathroom, more laundry, and reading the book I started on Sunday night.  I have nowhere to be today, and I'm okay with that.  


(Pictured: my new lamp from Homegoods.  It has a removable top so that you can fill the base.  I added red bulbs for February.)  

I even know what I'm having for lunch already (the same as yesterday), and I know what I'm making for dinner tonight (salmon, roasted potatoes and steamed broccoli).  I love days like this.  After an extremely busy past three weeks, this feels good.  It always takes me a while to ease back into routine, but I've been having to figure out scheduling issues as well, because I'm sharing my car with Drew for at least three days each week.  I think I have finally figured it out, and I am so glad.  When he takes my car, I have his truck here to drive, which I did last week, but it made my back hurt, getting into and out of that thing.  It's tall!  I'd decided that I wasn't going to do that this week, and so far it's working, although he is at home today.  

Well, I supposed I'd better get started with this day.  Thanks for reading!  Love to all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I can't believe it's already this day in the week. Wasn't it just yesterday that I was getting ready ...