Monday, January 21, 2019

Hello Monday/Weekending


Happy Monday!  I am trying a new linkup today, with the blogs you see listed in this photo above.  I am joining in via The Other Side of the Road.  As I write this, the sun is pouring in through the living room doors, and it feels so good!  I've been cold for the last week.  Just in general, I mean, and I keep thinking I'm getting sick, but I feel fine.  (Usually I'm always hot.)

I am so glad to have survived this weekend.  For an introvert like me, it was a busy, people-filled weekend, and I am looking forward to today and being low key.  It was a great weekend, just busy and go-go-go.  We had Christmas with my husband's family on Friday night, even with a full Christmas dinner.  My husband's brother and his family live near Nashville, so they were here for two nights.  My boys always love being with Nathan, their oldest son, because he is the same age as Jonah and Noah.  We've always kind of considered them as triplets, because there are only about three weeks between their birthdays.

Aside from the marshmallows catching fire in their oven, it was a pretty mild night.  (Seriously, there were flames leaping from the oven.  It all turned out fine, though, so no worries.)  Then, on Saturday night, we attended the annual mini-reunion we have every year with all of my dad-in-love's side of the family.  Again, it was a fun night, but that is a lot of people.  I like to find a spot in the corner somewhere and just hang out there, talking to anyone who comes near.  That night got off to a rough start, because I didn't feel great the whole way there, and then as soon as I stepped out of my husband's truck, I stepped into mud and it went IN MY SHOE.  I had to wash it and my foot off in the bathroom, but it was fine.  Then, they had a propane heater out in the garage to warm the area as we ate out there, and it accidentally got turned off, releasing an odor that made me sick again.  Like, I really thought I was about to get sick and had to hurry out of the room.  Aside from the dramatic start to the night, it all calmed down from there and we were able to enjoy ourselves.

Yesterday was church all day, and it was so good!  It always is.  After choir practice last night, I came home and put on pajamas, ate a dinner that consisted of my go-to comfort food, and watched a couple of my shows.  I went to bed pretty early, because weekending is hard sometimes.   Today I have to grocery shop before Drew leaves for work.  He has a part on his truck that needs to be changed, making it a risk for him to drive it, so I'm sharing my car with him for the day.  I also want to spend time reading.  I started a new book on Friday night, and I think it's going to be really good.  I plan on starting a monthly book review post, so you'll want to check back here for that sometime next week.  Aside from the things I've mentioned, I need to do bible study homework, read in the book of Matthew, and I have a TON of laundry to catch up on, and I need to put together an idea of meals for the week.  My house feels gross, so we'll be working on that sometime this week, but I may get a jump start on that today.  For now I'm going to go drink my second cup of coffee for the day and work on the rest of the pot.

What are you up to today?  I'd love to hear from you!  Thanks for reading my blog.  Love to all!

4 comments:

  1. I hope you are feeling better soon and not coming down with something! Mud in your shoe...what a bummer! I would have gone to bed early too after all that happened over the weekend. Hope your week is restful and productive. Thanks for linking up with Happy Monday! Tanya - The Other Side of the Road

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I love a good book review! We had miserable weather and other than Friday night spent the whole weekend in the house with just my family-- an introverts dream!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Tanya! I took some Ibuprofen, so I'm thinking it was just me sleeping weird. I hope the same for you~ good productivity and some quiet time alone at some point. Have a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do too, Mother of 3! I think my favorite book reviewer of all time is Shay from Mix and Match Mama. I get a ton of recommendations from her, and from the comments section of that post. You should check it out! I might include a link to hers when I do mine, so people can get more ideas. That sounds like a PERFECT weekend! Yes, an introvert's dream, indeed! Have a wonderful week, and thank you for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I hope your week is going well. Mine is—it's actually flying right by. I will say that I wish this part would...