Friday, January 25, 2019

Friday Favorites



Good morning, and happy Friday!  I'm linking up with Andrea from Momfessionals, and her friends for this blog post. 

I think this was another week that was not only busy, but one where I started and erased several posts.  You know the days when #allthethings are rolling around in your brain, and you don't know quite what to do with them all?  That was me. 

I thought I'd share some favorite things and moments from the week, and one that is not so much.  ;)

I'll start with that one, for fun.


This thing intimidates me!  I won't say that I'm scared of it, but I kinda think I am.  My husband was here for me when we made dinner in this on Monday night.  It wasn't my favorite dinner (it was bland) and this is not my favorite way of cooking.  I know people rave about the Instant Pot, but I just don't get it.  I have time to cook regularly, so I guess I feel like I don't need this, or that I ever have a need to make dinner quickly.  It's just another gadget to me.  I'll keep trying it (maybe), but I will take the Crock Pot any old day. 

I appreciate my husband buying this for me to use, but I'm glad he didn't pay a lot for it, in case I continue to not use the thing. 


On a much more fun note, I got some fun things last Saturday!  The book you see, for one, that I can't wait to read as soon as I finish my current library stack.  Speaking of books, I'm doing a book review next week, on all the books I read in the month of January.  The other things I bought last Saturday is the makeup you see.  I keep having weird skin problems, and I keep on feeling like it was the good makeup I was using.  I was washing my sponge and making sure to keep the brushes I use clean, but my skin continued to break out.  I've also had rashes, but those stopped after I stopped using the expensive department store brand moisturizers.  (Isn't that weird?  The cheap stuff is better for my skin.  Go figure.)  The lipliner and  black tube of lipstick are one of my favorites I have ever used.  I tried them for the first time last summer, and the color and the quality are great.  Ever since last summer, I've taken to wearing nude colored lipstick.  That is a first for me, I have always loved a good lip color.  The brand is NYX. 

I love this L'Oreal blush that is an old favorite, and I like their powder, too.  I also love Physician's Formula bronzer, but I use that in the summer.  The eye shadow palette you see is by Elf, which is a new favorite for me, and I bought a beauty blender sponge thing in the same brand.  I also use a face primer and illuminating lotion all in one by Elf that makes the makeup feel like it stays in place.  I start with that, then I use the under eye age rewind, concealer if I need it, then I do the new Fit Me foundation by Maybelline.  I wasn't sure if I liked that, but I do!  I set it all with powder and then I do blush and the rest of my face.  All these things can be bought at Walmart, Target, Walgreens, or CVS.  And none of this is heavy, if it was, I wouldn't use it.  I like the coverage of makeup but I don't like the heaviness I would sometimes feel. 

I'll stick with this for a while and see if my skin problems go away, and in the meantime I will hang on to the better stuff, in case I want to go back. 


We celebrated Christmas with my husband's brother and his wife and family last weekend at my in-love's house, and this letter board was my gift.  How cute?!  But then, look in the corners.  Life with boys.  I'm rolling my eyes, as I write that.  "Boah" is my youngest son's nickname...his friends started calling him Young Boah a while back, and it stuck.  Even though they make me roll my eyes all the time, they also CRACK ME UP, and having a house full of boys is my favorite part of being a mom.  It's a little different with them all being teenagers now, but I love every minute.  God has given us the gift of loving every stage of life with them, and whatever stage they're in currently, it's our favorite.  I not only LOVE them, but I really, really LIKE them.  There is a difference, and you know what I'm talking about.  They are incredible guys.  I am so proud of them all.  In a few short weeks, the oldest will be twenty, then the middle one will be nineteen, and the "babies" will be sixteen. 


If you know me, you know I love Jesus and the word of God.  I love to write it, learn it, study it, memorize it.  It is probably my favorite thing to do during my quiet time each morning. 


And another favorite is bible study.  These chairs had some beautifully sweet and kind ladies sitting them on Wednesday night during our small group time in the bible study we are doing at church on the book of Malachi.  I loved that whole day...we are doing this twice every Wednesday, and during both small group times, we had such great discussion over the homework we had completed that week.  I'm so thankful for that!  I love sharing and hearing about all God is teaching me through His word, and these precious ladies shared a lot, as well!  There is nothing better than a group of women who are hungry for the Word. 

Well, my dad is coming over today for lunch, and I'm cooking for us, so I had better run.  I have a list of things I need to get done before eleven thirty!  Thank you for reading my blog!  Have a great weekend.  Love to all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Wednesday hodgepodge

  Happy Wednesday, friends! I'm joining in with Joyce's Wednesday hodgepodge this week, since this was one thing we talked about th...