Tuesday, November 27, 2018

{simply} Tuesday

I have all kinds of the Tuesday things going on today, things like bible study, a run to Goodwill for a drop off, grocery shopping, hair cuts... you know the sort of day.  Tonight is our town tree lighting ceremony on the square, and I think for the first time in eighteen years that I am going to skip it.  It's gotten way overcrowded, and the boys honestly care nothing about this anymore.  When they were young, it was magical.  Not so much nowadays.  They're talking about going still, and meeting friends there, but I'll stay home and read a Christmas book.

Speaking of, I love to read Debbie Macomber Christmas books.  She is like the queen of Christmas fiction.  (That is a thing, right?)   Here is my current read, and I think it's a newer one, because I've never read it before. 


Another great one I read last year that made me laugh out loud was An Island Christmas by Nancy Thayer.


I need to add a library run to my list of things to do today, and add some more festive books to my list.  Do you have any to recommend?  I'd love some new ideas and authors.  (I've read all of Karen Kingsbury's and Robin Jones' Gunn.) 

I started keeping track of the books I read this year.  My best friend Andrea gave me the cutest journal for my birthday last year, and because I loved it so much, I put it to good use all year long.  I only used about eight pages, so I'm going to keep it up in the same journal in 2019.  If I counted right the other day, the current book I'm on is number thirty six of the year.  I had to quit several, because I have no time to read things I don't love.

If you don't already know about Shay Shull (Mix and Match Mama), she gives great book reviews every month, and lots of what I read are books she recommended.  She also has great recipes. 

I'd also love some great meal ideas, too, if you have any you'd like to share.  I'm in a bit of a rut again, with cooking, and the people who reside in this house are wonderful and sweet, but of absolute no help on this subject.  I'm burned out, though, so I would love to suggestions.

Well, I need to go get dressed for the day, I have to be somewhere in an hour.  Thanks for reading my blog!  Love to all. 

No comments:

Good Friday Favorites, 3.29.2024.

  Happy Good Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week...