Friday, November 23, 2018

Friday Favorites


Happy Friday, friends!  I am linking up with Andrea from Momfessionals, and her friends, for the writing of this blog post. 

IT IS OFFICIALLY MY MOST FAVORITE TIME OF YEAR! 

In my house, my husband likes to wait until after Thanksgiving to decorate for Christmas, and on Thanksgiving night, which is technically after Thanksgiving, we pull out all the decorations and get to work.  We did this last night, after spending fifteen minutes in the attic going through things, and about thirty minutes after we were out of the attic, we got busy.  It was a gift having all my boys, plus Rachel, here to help.  The last two years it's only been Jonah, Noah, and me. 

But before I show you the after picture, I'll share about some favorite things from this week.


This night was so much fun, and was definitely a favorite moment from the week.  I love some good music, y'all, and this night did not disappoint.  Some friends from choir, me, and my worship pastor went to Mobile, Alabama for one night to see the Voices of Mobile Christmas Spectacular.  It was phenomenal!


This house is currently my favorite house in town.  Doesn't it look like it's out of a Hallmark Christmas movie?!  It is beautiful all year, but it's magical at Christmas.


On Tuesday night, we spent the night at church decorating for Christmas.  It's always a fun time, and this year was no exception.  (This responsibility falls to the worship pastor at my church, so he figured if he offered dinner, more people would show up, and it works!)


I am so proud of my oldest son for so many reasons, but this Christmas wreath on his truck is definitely in the top five reasons.  It lights up at night, and he makes his lights that are on the undercarriage flash red and green at the same time. 

Christmas is our favorite.


One of my bonus sons came home from college and brought me this pin!  It was a proud mom and favorite moment from the week.  I love him so much, and am so proud of him for doing so great during his first semester! 


We had a delicious lunch yesterday at my mom's house for Thanksgiving and after we were home, and everything was all lit up for Christmas, this was me sitting back and relaxing.  I was going to watch a Christmas movie, but instead talked to my mom in love for an hour, and then my sister Lisa for about an hour and a half.  I talked to my sister Debi the night before for a long time, too, and these conversations are always so very good for my soul.  I am so grateful for all of my sisters.  God blessed me with the best, and I don't ever want to take them for granted, especially because Denver is a long way off. 

Well, I need to get busy with a few things, so I'll end it with that thought.  Thank you for reading my blog!  Love to all. 

2 comments:

Tractors and Glam Blog said...

What a great list of favorites. I love that your son does that with the wreath on his truck and the undercarriage lights. How fun. This is my favorite time of year too. What a great way to spend Thanksgiving.

Unknown said...

Thank you! I love that wreath and lights outside of his truck, and even more than that, I love how much HE loves this time of year.

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Thank you for the comment love. <3

Good Friday Favorites, 3.29.2024.

  Happy Good Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week...