Monday, October 15, 2018

the weekend

It was an easy weekend, one with no big plans and nowhere to be.  Every once in a while, I love a weekend like that. 

I started it off by going out with my mom during the day.  We ran a couple of errands, both of us, and we ate lunch at a delicious new-to-us Greek place we found in Germantown.


I took a picture to send to my sisters in Denver, because it reminds me of a little place there that I like to eat when I'm in town.  LOOK at how yummy this all looked!  I had a Greek salad, and we split an order of tzatziki and pita bread.  And we MIGHT have had baklava for dessert.  We ended our day at Hobby Lobby looking for inspiration for Christmas decor for me, because I'm hosting a table at our upcoming women's event at our church, Tablescapes.  I still don't totally know what I'm doing yet, but I'm sure I'll figure it out, maybe not even until the day of, but I'll get there. 

On Friday night, we were all scattered all over the place.  My husband was at our church, working in an area they're trying to get into this coming week, the boys were out in the country at a friend's house, so I went to dinner with my best friend.  We were both so hungry, and we may have been sitting at the table by five forty-five.  #oldpeople

After dinner, we went to the new Kirkland's in our area and had fun looking at all the Christmas decor.  (See a trend, here?  I love Christmas!)

I was back home, in my pajamas at seven thirty, friends.  That is a perfect night.


I caught up watching This Is Us.  And after this, I think I switched back to Gilmore Girls. 

On Saturday, I got up and put on fresh pajamas and proceeded to stay home all day long.  It was GLORIOUS.

I was hungry for breakfast, so I made some chocolate gravy and biscuits, and then was the only one who ate it.


It was so good.  I haven't made it in forever.

I was alone most of the day, which I was fine with, so I took a nap (I had been up at FOUR a.m.), ate lunch, watched all my favorite Saturday cooking shows, and when Todd finally got home that afternoon and after we ate dinner, I sat down to read and then finished the book I'd been reading. 

I was at church bright and early Sunday morning for praise team practice, then home for lunch after church, then back at church at three for choir practice.  Sunday's are crazy for me. 

I came home right after choir practice, to my sick hubby and son, and ate dinner, then settled in for the night with a new book.  (Number three so far this month.)  I have been having great success at the library lately, and I'm on a major reading kick right now.  I hope it sticks, since it seems to come and go. 

Today we have a microwave repairman coming to our house.  (Praise hands!)  I am going to send two of my kids to Kroger for some ingredients for dinner tonight, and then I'm making a yummy dinner that I haven't made in a long time.  The other things on my to-do list are laundry, cleaning the downstairs again, vacuuming, catching up on bible study homework, and finishing my book.  It's a perfectly dreary, rainy, cool Monday, which is  totally my kind of day. 

Thanks for reading!  Love to all. 

No comments:

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...