Thursday, September 13, 2018

Life Lately

Hello.  Remember me?  The one who keeps taking a blogging break, without meaning to?  It's just that things have been busy, and kind of mundane.  Nothing super exciting has been going on, and when that happens, and you don't have an idea as to what you'd like to write about, you just don't write. 

I thought I'd share a little of what's been going on in the days that have passed since I last wrote.


I've been decorating for fall.  I did this last Wednesday, actually, but I added this little pumpkin on Saturday, after I shopped at Marshall's that morning.  I also bought a really cute new purse.  I haven't had a new purse in a while, and that's not really what I went to Marshall's for, but when I started browsing, I saw several that I liked, in different color options.  The one I went with is a taupe(ish) gray.  It's sectioned, and it closes well, and there's a shoulder strap AND cute handles that I wear in the crook of my arm. 

While I was gone, Todd and the two younger boys were doing this.


They were at an Alabama game.  They left around nine that morning, the game was at two thirty, and they were back home by eleven. 


I finally finished a book I'd been reading, and I've been making my way through the one that you see on the bottom of this stack.  It's really, really good.  I'm a little more than halfway through it. 


This made me laugh out loud.  I am super selective as to who borrows my books.  I don't offer them to just anyone.  I have loaned some out that were never returned to me again, so I learned my lesson the hard way.


Unfortunately, today is back to normal here, weather wise (which is mid and upper eighties), but I have been LOVING the cool mornings and nights.  I pulled this big ole flannel blanket back out and have been keeping it at the foot of our bed, and when I went upstairs to get dressed the other morning, I loved how cozy it looked. 


I've been having to make breakfast for Drew, and have FINALLY perfected my omelet making skills.  He has to leave home Monday through Thursday at either eight o'clock or eight thirty, and during the days when he's in class, he doesn't eat lunch in between the two he has each of those four days.  He may snack on something small, but he stays on campus usually, and eats late in the day when he gets home.  Because of that, I've been having to make him a pretty substantial breakfast.  Sometimes it's sausage biscuits, but the last two days it's been a cheese omelet with salsa and toast from the oven.  I make him coffee to go and he takes a big cup of water with him each day.  Unless he forgets them, like he did today.


Also, speaking of Drew, it was just us downstairs last night as he worked on stuff for his classes, and I offered to type something out for him really quick.  This was him proofreading before he went to print it out.  I asked him how classes are, and his answers are so short.  He'll say they're fine or even boring sometimes, but I know that'll pick up as he gets further along.  He was working on English and statistics last night.  His favorite classes are on Mondays and Wednesdays, which are anatomy and physiology and psychology. 

I'm really proud of him.  It's not easy being at home still when most of your friends are away at school. 

Other happenings that are not pictured are things I've been doing at night this week, or in the day time.  I had book club Monday night, out in the country at my friend's house, and that is always fun.  We eat good food and talk about the books we read together.  We've been doing this for about a year and a half now.  I started back to the Malachi bible study that I'm doing, after missing two weeks in a row.  And we met Tuesday night for another bible study, this one that three of us older women do with three younger women.  I had a special practice last night at church, a rehearsal for our praise and worship night that is this Sunday night.  Tonight we're all going to Mom's and Bill's for a family dinner, because my WHOLE family is in town for the wedding that will take place this weekend!  Tomorrow night is rehearsal and rehearsal dinner, Saturday is the wedding, Sunday is church most of the day, Monday is a women's thing at church, and Tuesday night I had made plans for dinner out with one of my best friends that I haven't seen in way too long.  To say it's been crazy is a huge understatement.  It is slowing back down after all that, though. 

Well, I need to go and get started on a few things before the plumbers get here.  (We have a new leak, oh joy!  This one is upstairs, over the boys' bathroom.)

Thanks for reading.  Love to all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...