Monday, June 4, 2018

summer reading

I love to read and go through spurts with my best hobby.  (And by the way, when I was a student in high school, I hated that phrase, "summer reading".)  As much as I love to read, I will go through short periods of time when I won't hardly pick up a book.  I think Netflix is partially to blame, at least for me, that's the case. 

Anyway, reading takes on a whole new level of love during the summer months.  I have no idea why.  I love to read some books by all my favorite and trusted authors, but I also read some by authors I have read for years and years.  Some of these, since high school.  Fiction is my favorite, but I like to throw in other books, as well. 

Like this one I picked up from Costco last week.


I still love her show, Fixer Upper, and to this day if I need the tv on for background noise, I will turn on this show.  (We don't have cable, only Amazon, Netflix, and Hulu.)  I also love to read cookbooks, especially from women whose shows I watch, like her and like Ree Drummond (the Pioneer Woman).  I love these cookbooks even more when they are beautiful and when stories are woven throughout. 

If you're in the market for a beautiful and inspiring cookbook, this one may be for you too.

And if you've never read through a Pioneer Woman cookbook, you may want to try hers as well.  She has several that are available. 

I can read several books at one time, if they are different types of books.  I will be reading this one above for a while, and I'm also reading Everybody, Always by Bob Goff.  It's an inspirational memoir book on how to love people like Jesus loves.  I almost always will have a fictional book going at the same time. 


This was me last night, starting a new book.  It's one I picked up from the clearance books at Barnes and Noble last Friday when my dad and I went there.  I love to shop that section of books, but I hardly ever go, because all their other books are expensive, and why shop there when I have Amazon Prime?  Amazon is where most of my books come from, and as much as I love it, I still miss little bookstores.  They're such a thing of the past, and they're usually more expensive, but I love the thought of them.  I especially miss my old favorite used bookstore that closed down a year or two ago. 

I love picking up a book I know I'll love and staying up late to keep reading until the next chapter. 

Anyone else?

And on a completely different note, I made this on Friday.


Nothing says summer like a pie filled with something yummy and citrus.  This one is a lime pie, kinda like a key lime pie, but the limes were just regular ones.  Drew and I are slowly eating our way through it.  It's delicious!  I'll share a recipe later in the week. 

Thanks for reading!  Love to all. 

2 comments:

  1. I've loved catching up on what's going on with your family! Would you mind telling me your Instagram name?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! And not at all. It's jenlloydgoodwin. I hope you're well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...