Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Tuesday

It's so weird to be writing on a different computer, but I am sitting at my father-in-love's desk, at his computer, for this blog post.  But first, let me tell you about our weekend.

Because of Drew's sprained ankle, we were limited to our activities this weekend.  I had the thought of asking my mom if we could invite ourselves over for dinner so he could use their huge walk-in shower, so we did that.  We had a yummy dinner.  It always is, when we go over there.  My stepdad made a delicious chicken enchilada casserole (Drew was in food heaven), guacamole, queso, and warm tortilla chips.  Mom made a homemade chocolate cake for dessert.  After dinner Drew took his time in the shower, then we left shortly after.  (Also, look at this adorable hanging arrangement my mom sent me home with!)


On Saturday, Todd came home.  I got dinner ready for the crock pot, then we just kinda laid around until it was time to leave to get him from the airport.  And then we had a dud of a meeting once we all got there.  We all got split up and had to call each other to meet back at my car.  It's a long story, but we were glad to see him.  We had roast for dinner that night, but not the traditional kind.  It was so good.

Everyone else went to church Sunday, except for Drew and me.  I stayed with him in case he needed help (turns out he did not), and watched the service via live stream.  I'm so glad for that!  It was so good.  I had choir that afternoon, but I only stayed for an hour so I could get back home and get ready for our community group movie night and dinner at my house.


I help lead the ninth grade girls in community group each Sunday night, and because we had just finished the book of Esther in the bible, we thought it'd be fun to watch One Night With the King and have a yummy (NON PIZZA) dinner.  And all these pretty girls showed up!  It was such a fun night, and that movie is still one of my very favorites.

I have thoroughly enjoyed getting to know this new batch of girls this school year in community group, and Lord willing, we will see them through their senior year of high school.  This night is my favorite church activity of all.  I'm sad we will not be meeting again until the end of May.  The timing worked out perfectly for us to finish Esther and end on this night. 

And that leads me to last night.  Or, actually, a few weeks ago.  We've been noticing a LOT of wasps in and around our house.  One weekend while Todd took Jonah and Noah to drive, in the forty five minutes they were gone, I probably killed close to twenty of those mean little suckers.  Todd saw a nest outside our living room window, so he sprayed it and knocked it down, and it got better for a bit.  Then last week, I started noticing a few more here and there, but in more random places.  He went into the attic Saturday night when he got home and saw a TON of them up there.  A few chased him.  I actually saw them around the corner of our house while I was taking Chip outside, and then he went and saw them hovering around the chimney.  So, while I was getting my hair done yesterday, I was talking to my friend and hairstylist, and she recommended having a fire to try to smoke them out. 


So this was me, last night, in front of the fire while also feeling the air conditioning blow on me.  It got so warm that the air would kick on.  This morning all of us (and the animals) came over to my in-love's house while Todd set off some bug bombs in the attic.  We have to be out for four hours, so we're here hanging out until about one thirty. 

I pray this works and that those things are GONE.  I detest wasps.  And I'm super paranoid about them now, thanks to our little infestation. 

That's about it for this beautiful Tuesday.  Thanks for reading!

Love to all. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I can't believe it's already this day in the week. Wasn't it just yesterday that I was getting ready ...