Friday, March 9, 2018

Friday Favorites


Happy Friday!  I'm linking up with Andrea at Momfessionals for this blog post. 

This was a really good week, with a lot less rain, so in my book, that is a win.  I've actually been able to let the dogs out in the back yard again, at least for a couple of days. 

I only have a few things to talk about this week, because it's been pretty mundane around here. 

This polish is my favorite top coat and I've shared about before, but it bears repeating.  When I used to do my own nails all the time, this was what made me able to do such a good job with them.  This polish makes them shiny and they dry almost instantly.  My only complaint is that when the bottle gets about to the halfway mark, it gets gunky and no longer works.  I ordered mine off of Amazon last week, and it came with two bottles, so I kept one and gave one to my friend Abbey, because we love to paint our nails.  (Well, I do my toes, she does both.)


Seche Vite.  You can buy it from anywhere, including Walmart, for about six dollars a bottle.  I paid seven on Amazon and got two bottles.

Another thing I've been using again is this to take off my makeup.  It is, by far, my favorite and least expensive makeup remover, and it's really great if you have dry skin, like I do. 


My mom gave me this a few months ago, and I used it for a while, then stopped.  My skin has been really dry again, so I started using it again this week.  It works great at removing makeup, especially eye makeup.  Last night I didn't have makeup on, but I wiped off my face with a clean warm wash cloth, then rubbed some of this on my face as moisturizer and went to bed.  My skin felt so good when I woke up this morning!  I think this comes from Aldi's.  You can buy any brand, though.  Tonight I'm going to melt all of this and put it into a smaller, more shallow dish so it'll be easier to get out each night.

It's great as lotion, too. 

And in brownies.  (I mean, it makes them taste like an Almond Joy!)

So I've been doing a bible study on the book of James, which is one of my favorite New Testament books (but I always say that), and this week, we finished.


It was SO GOOD.  This was part of that book, written out.  I love doing bible studies, and I did this one with two friends, one of whom has never done a bible study before.  Isn't that exciting?!  I started doing these in my mid twenties, and I have loved bible study ever since.

Lastly, is about my dining room.  This is my least favorite room in my house right now, but yesterday, I spruced things up a bit in there.  It's painted green, and a few months ago, I took down the curtains that were hanging in there.  They were torn, and just felt really heavy in that room all of a sudden, so these windows have been curtain-less. 

But at four something this morning, it dawned on me that I had some curtains I could try hanging in there.  These were bought with my bedroom in mind, but the minute I put this first one up today, I was so happy with how it looked.  I hung the second one, and they're definitely staying put. 


They need to be ironed, but that'll be another day.  They're sheer white and very thin and light.  I love them.  I also still love that buffalo check print table cloth on the dining room table, and I love the table even more when it's without the leaf in it, making it round again.  There's a hutch in here too, that holds Christmas and wedding dishes, and there's a dog kennel in the front corner, but I can overlook the things I don't like now that these curtains are hanging.

I bought these at Homegoods for twenty dollars.  I think technically, two panels should hang on each window, but I just wanted one panel per window instead.  Two would be too much, at least in my opinion.

That's about it for this week!  It's been pretty low key around here, but not for long.  Tonight we are celebrating three out of my four kids' birthdays with family and a few friends.  Jonah and Noah turn fifteen tomorrow, and Graham turns nineteen on Sunday.  Where did all my babies go?!

Drew doesn't turn eighteen until April third.  It's a busy time of year, with all these birthdays, plus our two dads and Resurrection Sunday and long choir practices, but it'll slow down again eventually. 

Thanks for reading!  Love to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I can't believe it's already this day in the week. Wasn't it just yesterday that I was getting ready ...