Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Tuesday and Christmas things

For the month of December, I had printed out an Advent study I got for free through one of the inspirational Instagram accounts I follow.  I printed it out, and put it all into a three ring binder, along with all of my best intentions.  But then life happened, and I'm not going to do it this year.  Instead, I am going really slowly through some of the names of God I am writing out in my scripture writing plan.  I was still going to do both and just catch up, but as I have found a million times to be true, if I do more than one or two things at a time, I cannot do those one or two things well, and that makes me like a robot, just going through motions.


(This was what I was soaking in yesterday.)

I say that to encourage someone today.  I know I'm not the only one who does this to myself, I know if I looked even a tiny bit, I would find a bunch of you ladies doing the same thing, this act of over committing.  That action can apply to saying "yes" to too many events or things to do, or it can apply to something like this, bible study.  We are all only human, and not one of us can do all the things and do them well, without sacrificing something. 

That being said, I am loving going through and reading about and praying some of the names of God Shannon came up with for the month of December, in scripture writing.  The first ones have been Abba (similar to a meaning of Daddy), Adonai (Lord, Master), Almighty, Alpha and Omega, Author, Bread of Life, Bridegroom, Comforter.  I left off with Comforter, which I looked at and prayed more in an in-depth way yesterday, because of a circumstance in someone's life right now.

I love taking my time going through things like this, or with bible reading.  It seems that for me, the more I take my time, the more I get out of whatever I'm going through at the moment. 

Yesterday I had a shopping date with my mom-in-love.  We literally shopped until we dropped.  We left at eleven and started with lunch, and went until four forty-five.  I picked out some things for my birthday and Christmas that they bought for me, and then I bought a couple of presents. 

We had a blast, and were all over Germantown and Collierville.  I'm so glad I had the thought to put dinner in the Crock Pot yesterday, because all I had to do was cook rice and black beans and shred some cheese, and dinner was ready at five thirty.


My favorite place that we went to was Barnes & Noble.  I could literally stay in there for hours.  We went next door to Bath and Body Works and picked out some stocking stuffers, then I bought myself a new plug in refill, that smells like a pine tree forest.  I have a thing for woodsy smelling things right now. 

My favorite thing of all was at our last stop, and is something I've been wanting for a couple of years but can never justify spending that amount of money on something like it.  (But we got it for HALF OFF!) 



It's a galvanized steel three tier tray.  On its own, it is nothing special, but I came home and shopped my house and put some cute little things in it that are Christmasy.  I got the little plant yesterday too, as a birthday gift, and she went ahead and let me keep it.  I'll change out the items with the seasons, but I love it, and it looks so cute on my kitchen counter. 


I took a better picture last night when it was darker outside and the lights were brighter in the kitchen. 

I love it so much! 

That is basically how I decorate my entire house for Christmas, I add things to what is already around and just kinda mix it all together.  It's easy and stress free, doing it like this, and only takes a couple hours.  The tree is something the boys do while I bustle around the house doing other things, and we always finish by nine on Thanksgiving night.

It's the way that best works for our family, and I realize each family is different and some do it up more than what I do, and for them that's fine.  Honestly, I would love to be a little more that way, and have multiple trees, but I am into realistically thinking, and I do what I can handle. 

I never want the decorating part to stress me out, so if it ever gets to that point, I will have to reevaluate.  I am into minimalism just enough that this works perfectly. 


I'll leave you with a picture of a cute puppy who is really frustrating me at the very moment.  He won't stop running around, and I've been trying to get him to lay down.  I think he finally succumbed to sleep, and is snoozing on a pillow.  It's a good thing for him.  Ha!  I really do love him, and overall, he listens really well to only be eight weeks old.  It's a matter of training him, and slow and steady wins the race, as far as puppy lives go. 

Isn't he cute?

Did I mention that he made me his?  Each dog has their person, and it looks like I'm his, at least for now.  We'll see if it lasts.  I hope it does!  The last one who was mine was Andy, and I miss him terribly.

Thanks for reading!  Love to all. 

No comments:

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...