Thursday, December 28, 2017

house stuff and Todd's birthday

For Christmas, Graham and Drew got separate bedrooms and new bedroom furniture, including the beds and new bed coverings.  The playroom is going away and will become Graham's room, Drew will stay in the room he's been in, and Jonah and Noah will stay put.  When Graham leaves someday, that room will go to Drew, and one of the twins will move out of the small room. 

Since all this was taking place and to hide what was happening from Jonah and Noah (if they had found out, they would have known their big gift was), Todd and I decided to make our Christmas gifts to each a bedroom and bathroom makeover.  Our walls (and the playroom) had paint over wallpaper, so for a week now, we have had workers here stripping that and getting the walls ready for paint.  The trim will be painted, and the ceiling in Graham's room was painted.  His room is done now, paint wise, and we will move him in tonight.  Drew's room will be better with Graham's stuff out, but our room is still a mess.  The paper is gone from the walls, but I'm not sure when it'll be finished.  The guys couldn't be here today, and possibly won't return until Tuesday.  (Insert crying emoji here.) 


This was our room yesterday afternoon.  The trash is gone, and we vacuumed and dusted, but everything is just hanging out in the middle of the room.  We were able to sleep in our bed last night, and for that, I am so thankful.  I wasn't sure we would be able to.  The bathroom is not being used currently and will not be until it's all done.

The walls and trim will all be painted, and we took down the huge mirror in our bathroom and will replace it with individual ones.  The other things we'll be getting are all decorative items, and I can't wait to see what it all looks like.  I'm especially excited about our bedroom.  It really needed sprucing up. 


Here was Graham's room while they were painting the trim yesterday afternoon, before the walls were done.  I can't wait to see what his room looks like! 

I am very anxious for it all to be done.  I'm in a holding pattern with the entire house, it seems.  One room just kind of overflows into every other room, and while the upstairs is a giant mess, the downstairs isn't that bad.  However, I really, REALLY want to take the Christmas stuff down, and I don't know if I can do that until the rest of the house is finished.  All of a sudden, I hate all the Christmas clutter.  I might work on that today.  Or I might sit in my chair and alternate between the book I started yesterday and watching Gilmore Girls. 

Because that's how I cope.

Anyway.  Todd was able to work at home yesterday for his birthday!  I loved having him around all day.  We went to dinner last night with his parents, per our annual birthday tradition.  We ate at Gus's, because we're fancy like that.


It was SO GOOD. 


Cuties.  I'm so glad I have a girl to hang around with nowadays.  I love this sweet one so very much.  While we were gone, her sweet sister stayed at our house and watched the pups for us.  I know Chip was glad to not have to be in his kennel. 

Then we went to The Peabody. 


And yes, he is crazy and took off his coat and shirt for this picture.  It was FREEZING.

I was cracking up.  We walked around for a bit, then left to do what Todd wanted to do for his birthday, which was hand out blankets and sleeping bags to homeless people we saw on the streets.



We also gave away the food we had leftover from dinner and a granola bar, which I had stashed for when I'm out and get hangry.  I might have cried quietly the entire time. 

I'm so thankful for this man I am married to, and how he  thinks of others. 

It was such a sweet example to our sons. 

It was a perfect night of celebrating, and I wouldn't have wanted to do it any other way.

Thanks for reading!  Love to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...