Friday, August 18, 2017

Friday Favorites


Happy Friday!  I'm linking up with Andrea from Momfessionals (and friends) for this post.

This time last week, I was waking up in the country.


A dear and sweet teenager invited Missy and I to spend the night at her house, while her parents and sister were out of town.  We chose Thursday night and had a blast.  We ate dinner together, then went back to her house to watch Father of the Bride and to talk.  We finally fell asleep sometimes in the wee hours of the morning, but for Rachel and I, it was close to two a.m.  Poor Missy was up and couldn't sleep, looking at the clock for one last time and three something.

It was a long day, and later on that day when we were alone in the living room watching television for noise, basically, we both took naps.   I am NOT a night owl at all, and usually go to bed before ten and am up sometime in the six o'clock hour.

Also?  Those views in the country are one of my favorite things.


In light of all the sadness taking place in our country and this world right now, this has been one of my favorite verses to cling to.  I mentioned to several people this week, and on this blog, how thankful I am for the hope I have in Jesus Christ.  Things are pretty bleak without Him, and I don't know what people do who don't know Him.  Well, actually, I do know what they do~they walk around pretty fearful and miserable.  If you want to know more about this, please reach out to me in the comments, and I will send you my email address and we can talk more privately.


Reading has been a favorite past time for me this week.  I finished one book, and I'm reading three other ones right now.  I know this is a huge problem for some people, but honestly for me, it's not, at least at this moment.  The books are all VASTLY different, and I am easily able to switch back and forth.  Two of the books are so deep and good that I like to go slow with them and then give myself a break with something lighter.  I am loving this fictional book by Beth Moore, The Undoing of Saint Silvanus.  I started back in the spring and never finished it.  I'm almost halfway through it.

Another favorite thing of mine is what's in my cup.  We made a Costco run last week and bought some more K cups for our Keurig.  I've missed having them!  I love our Keurig and will often make a cup midday just because I love coffee so much.


My favorite babies in all the world turned seven months old this week!  Kinsley and Kylie are getting so big and are going to start crawling any day now.  I love them so much!  I just look at this picture and smile so big.  I am so glad they are coming home for Thanksgiving this year, and cannot wait for my family to meet them.

I mean, that smile on Kylie's face.  I can't stop staring.

(These are my great nieces.)


One of my favorite things is starting a new journal.  I was out of my current journal and went to Target yesterday to buy a new one.  I stood in the aisle for THIRTY MINUTES looking at them, before I finally picked this one.  I disliked it the least out of all the others I looked at.  I take into consideration the paper and how thick or thin it is (I prefer thick paper), how wide or narrow each line is (I prefer college ruled), and whether or not the pages are perforated (I prefer for them not to be).  I will make it work and will finish using it, but the next time I'm either going to Lifeway or to Barnes and Noble.


Best and favorite picture ever.  I look at this and wonder where in the world all the years went.  I posted this to Instagram last night after two of them were arguing over why a certain picture frame in the hall fell.  That was going on, and the other one was sliding down the stairs on his stomach because he drank coffee at night and it made him hyper.

Oh, they're fun.  I do love them so.  I would love to go back to this spot and recreate this picture.

Well, laundry and house cleaning are calling my name, so I need to run.  Have a great weekend, and thanks for reading my blog!  Love to all.

No comments:

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...