Monday, April 17, 2017

catching up


I have bad news about this pretty plant.  I think I drowned it.  It's not dead yet, but I'm afraid it might be on its way out.  I wish I had a green thumb like my mom!  She can grow anything anywhere and for all year, and I am the polar opposite.  I specifically asked the gal at the store about the care for this little fella, and she said room temperature, no real sunlight, minimal watering.  I am not a hundred percent sure, but minimal probably means more than not ever.

I hope it sticks around, because it sure does make me happy.

Also, I finished my favorite candle.  I mean, the wick would not even light on Friday morning.  Not even a tiny spark.  It was done.  So I've been lighting this one, but it's not as good as the one I finished.  It was a gift from a really sweet teenage girl from a year ago.


I go through spells when I listen to certain songs on repeat.  This is my most current one.  I sang this song (the old version, of course) in high school choir many moons ago, and I still remembered the words.  Do yourself a favor, and go listen to this!

Chris Tomlin's songs are amazing, and I love that they're straight out of scripture.


On Saturday afternoon, while waiting on dinner, I sat down to fill up the white spaces in my planner.  I love this planner, still, four months after receiving it as a gift.  It's my favorite gift ever.  Some of those things you see are stickers and embellishments, some are drawn.  It was looking mighty white after being home with a sick kiddo all week, so I added some color and things I prayed for.  I use this for regular schedule type things, but I love to use it for prayer and quiet time as well.  I love that it comes blank, and that I can be as creative as I want.


I wasn't sure if we would be going to church on Resurrection Sunday, but we were able to go!  Drew was finally feeling well enough, and I was thrilled to not have to miss another Resurrection Sunday.  Look at my grown up boys!  They're so handsome, if I do say so myself.  I loved sitting with them during the service, since I didn't sing in choir.


After the early service I came home to finish up our lunch.  I'd put a roast on the night before and I added some finishing touches and side dishes and called it a day.  My mom and sister brought potato salad and sweet treats, and I am so thankful!  They were delicious.  Still are, in fact...they need to get out of our house!

After lunch, Toddley and I fell asleep and enjoyed a quiet afternoon at home, while the boys hung out with friends.  Some ended up here after they went out to eat and stayed until late.  I love having their friends over!  Their laughter is like music to my ears, and I am so thankful for the sweet friendships they have.  It was a good weekend and today we decontaminated this house and washed all the bedding and blankets and used the rest of the Lysol.  (Not really.)  I did get out today for a bit, but more about that tomorrow....

Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

What's Up Wednesday

  Happy Wednesday, friends! I'm joining in with  Sheaffer  and  Shay  for today's blog post. I'm going to jump right in, and the...