Wednesday, March 1, 2017

taking on something extra

Happy March!  I have to be honest~I love every single season that God gives me to experience.  I love summer because there are friends galore and the nights are long, I love fall because I love crisp and cool nights (and camping!), I love winter because there is nothing quite like a cozy and cold night spent at home with the ones I most love (and I can breathe better this season because of asthma struggles), and I love spring because it is glorious seeing color again after months of bare limbs and branches.  

But mostly?

I love spring because it reminds me of new beginnings, and THAT reminds me of life with Christ Jesus.  I am no longer my old self~the one who had no regard for the sin I committed~but I am MADE NEW in Jesus Christ.  

To me, spring equals NEW LIFE.

And that is why I really love spring the most.  

It also happens to be birthday season in our home, but I'll save that for next week.

Because of how this time of year reminds me of new life, and because this is when we really concentrate on Jesus' death, burial, and resurrection, I thought I would do something new this year.

I have never participated in Lent.  I'm not from a church that does that, but I love the thought of preparing my heart for the days ahead as we celebrate Jesus.  (This reminds me of Advent, which I've also never done before, but did this past Christmas.)  I read a great article this morning on this topic of Lent.  If you want to read it for yourself, click here.  I know nothing about this website and their beliefs, I just really liked what this person had to say about this season of Lent.  I love the thought of taking something on.  

I can't help but be reminded of Jesus and how He would be on His way to go be by Himself, and people would follow Him, wanting to experience Him ministering.  He never turned them down, and He never said no to them.  He would sacrifice whatever He was going to do alone and put their needs above His own.

And so, with that being said, I am going to take on an additional scripture writing plan for the next forty days.  I want to read the word of God more.  I want to know Him more.  I want to experience Him more through His word.  I want His words to sink into the very core of my being.  

I just need and want more of Jesus.  

And because I share my life on this blog, I thought I'd share this with you.  Here is what I'll be using as my guide for these forty days.  Thanks so much to Sweet Blessings for coming up with these plans month after month.  I pray that during this season that begins today, that you will prepare your heart for the coming days ahead.  I am expectant and eager to see more of Jesus.  


Love to all.  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just did the first one and misread the directions. I spent half an hour writing on the passage (comparing cross reference, commentary, language, etc.) I learned so much more depth to the scripture and the need to apply it. Just wow.

Hello Monday

  Happy Monday, friends! I'm linking up with  Holly  and  Sarah  for today's post. I hope you had a good weekend! Here were a few th...