Thursday, March 30, 2017

random thoughts

I don't have much to write about today, so I thought I'd do a post of what's rolling around in my head.  (This might be a tiny bit scary and disturbing.)

Growing up.  That is the thought I keep having of my boys.  Senior year has hit, and I know things are about to wrap up with lightning speed.  I was aware that this would happen, but I didn't think it'd hit me as heavily as it has this week.  All of a sudden, all these deadlines are looming ahead, and it's a lot to keep up with, when you homeschool.  I don't have anyone to do this for me, so it's just me.

I keep having these dreams that I'm forgetting something major.

I know it doesn't sound like a huge thing, but it all just kinda hit me on Tuesday, and I'm pretty sure I had a panic attack on the way to Hobby Lobby.  I'm thankful that my husband talked me through it and helped me sort out details in my mind.  Then I got a really sweet phone call from my sister last night, and she lifted a huge burden off us for the actual weekend of his graduation.  I'm so grateful!

Speaking of growing up, I get to do all of this over again next year when the driver of this truck graduates.


(Drew.)

On Sunday after celebrating my father-in-love's birthday, he drove me home from the restaurant.  I know it's so cliche, but to all my young mama friends: I know the days are so very long.  But the years are so short!  They fly by with lightning speed, and my dad always told me that, but seriously...I cannot say it enough.  Just enjoy the time you have while they're all young and not at all independent.  Once they get to middle school, the time speeds up.  Even more so when they get to high school.  And once they start driving?  Well.  You know how that goes.


I look forward to going to bed every single night.  I used to read in bed, and I still do sometimes, but usually, I watch an episode or a few of whatever I'm watching on Netflix.  These days it's Parenthood again.  I love our bedroom, even all these years later.  It's peaceful and really, really dark when I close my door.  Just the way I like it.

That probably just made me sound really old.


This was my quiet time this morning.  I am finishing up reading in Psalm 119, and I was in Hebrews 5.  My scripture writing was out of Titus.  This notebook page you see is something new I'm adding to my quiet time each day, and my friend Amy Hale inspired me to do this.  I'll share more about this tomorrow, though.  Until then, I recommend that you go follow her on Instagram.  You won't regret it.

I'm spending another day with my dad and sisters.  So, thanks for reading!  Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

a day in the life post on a Tuesday

  Happy Tuesday, friends! I'm taking notes from Joanne and Maria ; I decided to write my version of a day in the life post. This will h...