Wednesday, January 25, 2017

What's Up Wednesday



Since this week has been so low key around here, I thought I'd link up with one of my favorite bloggers for a little What's Up Wednesday post.  Click HERE to access the Mix & Match Mama blog. 

1.  What we're eating this week:

On Monday night, I made a giant pot of potato soup.  The last time I made it, I didn't season it properly, and it never tasted right to me, but this time, I did much better.  I'll most likely be having that for dinner tonight before church.  Last night we had hamburgers that I bought at Costco yesterday, and tomorrow night we're going to CiCi's pizza with my in-love's.  I don't know what's happening Friday yet.  Also?  We have food again!  I made a giant Costco run yesterday.

2.  What I'm reminiscing about:

My friend Tarin.  The one whose funeral I attended with my son Drew on Saturday.  I cannot get some things that were said of her out of my mind.  One thing is that often times she told her friend Ingrid how thankful to God she was for the cancer that ravaged her body.  She knew that God had given it to her so that she could minister to those around her that were in need.  We were not best friends, she and I, and quite honestly, we lost touch when our sons stopped hanging out, but I prayed for her almost every day and I followed her journey on her Caring Bridge site.  

Life is fleeting.  I want to make my every moment count.

3.  What I'm loving:

Bible study.




Last night we started Finding I Am, by Lysa TerKeurst.  It is going to be so good, and I can't wait to dig into the word of God.  I have missed my Bible study people.  I was reminded of this when we were sitting around the room sharing prayer requests.  I love studying the word of God with like-minded ladies.  We had a great turnout!  

4.  What we've been up to:

School.  Cleaning and vacuuming the ever present dust and dog hair.  Grocery shopping.  Cooking.  Watching movies (Todd and the boys).  Reading (Me).  Quiet time.  Pretty much the usual.

5.  What I'm dreading:

Nothing that I know of, honestly.

6.  What I'm working on:

Getting prepared to redecorate Jonah's and Noah's room.  Years ago, while they were away for a couple of days, my mom and I surprised them with a new room designed for older boys.  In doing that, I do not know what in the world possessed me to pick pale yellow for their paint, and though they loved it then, they've come to not like it in the years since.  My stepdad is retired now and he want to paint their room with them, teaching them how to properly do this task.  While I was at Bible study last night, Todd took them to Lowe's to pick out paint chips, and they've narrowed it down to two choices.  I love them both honestly, and want to leave it up to them.  

Hopefully we will buy the paint this weekend and start on it next week.

They each want a letter over their beds and we need to purchase a new dresser for in between the beds.  Hopefully we can do that this weekend, too.  We found one from Ikea that will fit (their room is tiny) the small space it will go and it's only $40.  

7.  What I'm excited about:

The same as above.  I love redoing things in my house.  

8.  What I'm watching/reading:


Army Wives.  Again.  I love this show!  It's so mindless, and I love the thought of military life...it's always been fascinating to me, ever since I first visited a military base in North Carolina as a teenager.

I'm reading several books and plan on doing a blog post on this next week.  Right now I'm reading First Comes Love by Emily Giffin.

9.  What I'm listening to:


I love this movie and the music that goes with it.  Also, I'm listening to Travis Cottrell on Spotify, and our latest choir cd.  

10.  What I'm wearing:

Clothes that are thin, because it's been unseasonably warm, and though I want to dress for winter, I'm forced to dress in layers.  :/  I loved what I wore yesterday and got compliments on the outfit, and it was perfect for the day and the temps.  It's a struggle, honestly.  I do not love Memphis weather.  Also, I'm wearing my new glasses.  I can see again!  My prescription had changed enough to be annoying.

11.  What I'm doing this weekend:

Hopefully going to hang out with some teenagers, seeing some family and going to church.

12.  What I'm looking forward to next month:

D-Now!  I love this weekend at our church for the youth.  It's disciple now, and it's like a retreat, but we stay in host homes nearby.  It begins on Friday night and ends Sunday afternoon.  It's so much fun, and I'm praying for the youth who will be in attendance.

13.  What else is new:

Not much.  My life isn't super exciting these days, just pretty predictable, but I'm thankful for where we are right now.  

Thanks for reading!  Love to all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

a day in the life post on a Tuesday

  Happy Tuesday, friends! I'm taking notes from Joanne and Maria ; I decided to write my version of a day in the life post. This will h...