Friday, September 30, 2016

Friday Favorites


Happy Friday!  I'm linking up with Andrea from Momfessionals for this blog post.

So, in the world of homeschooling, the time during our week is usually not all that busy.  I don't leave home a lot while they do their work, but this week, that happened almost every day.  It was weird and I was fully dressed before eleven each day.  Just keepin' it real here, also in the world of homeschooling, it's not always necessary to get dressed for going out.

Weird, I know, but true.

I have some favorites from this week.


My favorite part in the downstairs of my home right now is the mantle in the living room.  I love this sign I bought from Hobby Lobby last Saturday.  I also love the twinkle lights on the mantle and the touches of fall you see in almost every room.  I wrote a blog post about it a couple days ago.  Fall is my favorite!


Also in that post?  My favorite picture ever of the boys from when they were young.  I miss these days so much!

I remember thinking that these days would never end.  I was wrong.  They ended way too quickly.  Have you read this quote?  "The days are long, but the years are short."  It's so true.  It makes me want to bawl.

Moving on now.



Also speaking of fall, this is my favorite nail polish for this season.  I wear it nonstop during the month of October.  It's hard to tell, but it's a really deep, and kinda sparkly wine color.


Scripture writing plans are one of my favorites, and the ones for October came out a few days ago.  You can get these from the Sweet Blessings blog.  There are two to choose from this month.  One is a general plan and the other is all about kindness.  I'm thinking of doing both.


Sometimes I randomly text my best friend pictures of myself.  I got a few new shirts yesterday when I went shopping for a bit, and when I got home I changed into this one and paired this necklace with it.  The reason I texted this picture to my best friend is because she bought the necklace forever ago.  It's still my favorite necklace, and every time I wear it, it reminds me of Christa.

And I was having a good hair day, which nowadays, are few and far between.

I was also sitting in this chair reading a really good book.  More about that in a few minutes.


Bible study homework is my favorite.  This was my view yesterday morning.  I was all teary over the book 2 Timothy.  I feel like I've gotten to know Paul (the writer of the epistles in the New Testament) in the last week, because we studied him as a young boy, and in 2 Timothy, he is nearing the end of his life.  I was a mess, and by the time I was done, there was a pile of tissues.

Please tell me I'm not alone in crying over Bible study homework.


Y'all.  This is potentially my new favorite show.  Have you watched it?  Two episodes have been shown so far and in the end of each episode, there was a MAJOR twist.  It is so good!  I love a good twist, but I might cry if my favorite character dies before he gets old.

(Jack.)

(Also known as Jess from Gilmore Girls.)

So good!  I can't stop talking about it.

The book I finished last night was awesome.  It's called The Status of All Things, and it's written by Liz Fenton and Lisa Steinke.

It was my most recent favorite book.

Well, I have a LOT to do before noon, so I have to stop now.  We are going to Murfreesboro for one night, to see our friends and old neighbors, Katie and Travis.  I can't wait to see them!

Thanks for reading my blog!  Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I hope your week is going well. Mine is—it's actually flying right by. I will say that I wish this part would...