Tuesday, September 27, 2016

encouragement

There's not a lot of good going on in the world around us right now, what with all the recent goings on and with the upcoming election.

There's not a lot of hope right now, either, because of both of those same things.

But you know what IS good?  Who is good, rather?  And what I love to read to get me through each and everyday?


God.  He is good and His word is true.

I loved what I read this morning, from Psalm 16.  I'll share this picture, but I'll write it out for you, too, so that you can get some encouragement from Him this morning.

Protect me, God, for I take refuge in You.

I said to Yahweh, "You are my Lord; I have nothing good besides You."

As for the holy people who are in the land, they are the noble ones.  All my delight is in them.

The sorrows of those who take another god for themselves will multiply; I will not pour out their drink offerings of blood, and I will not speak their names with my lips.

LORD, You are my portion and my cup of blessing; You hold my future. 

The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance.

I will praise the LORD who counsels me--even at night my conscience instructs me.

I keep the LORD in mind always.  Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.

Therefore my heart is glad and my spirit rejoices; my body also rests securely.  

For You will not abandon me to Sheol; You will not allow Your Faithful One to see decay.  

You reveal the path of life to me; in Your presence is abundant joy; in Your right hand are eternal pleasures.

He is my hope, my joy, my strength, my source, and my song.  He is faithful, He is sovereign and He is in control.  His word tells me to trust in Him (Proverbs 3:5 and 6) and I do.  He alone is good and worthy of praise.  No matter what happens around us in these coming days, months and years, and no matter who sits in the oval office at the White House, He is King.  He reigns.

I'm so glad I have Him in my life and I am so thankful that He drew me to Him and called me as His own.

I would love to talk more about this, should you have questions about this or about how you, too, can have a relationship with Him.

Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I can't believe it's already this day in the week. Wasn't it just yesterday that I was getting ready ...