Friday, July 22, 2016

Friday Favorites, Lazy Girl edition


True to the name of this blog post, I have been so extremely lazy this week, and it has felt GLORIOUS.  I've had some great moments from this week, though, so I thought I'd share.

I'm linking up with Andrea from Momfessionals for this blog post.

One.


Seeing this sweet Marissa last weekend was my most favorite memory of the entire week.  As I'm writing this, I'm also texting her.  It's like we're the same people, though I'm almost two decades older than her (maybe not, I might be exaggerating), but who cares?!  Age is only a number.  I am forever grateful to God that I was able to meet her on our Navajo mission trip early in the summer.  To say that I adore her is a huge understatement.

Two.


If you know me at all, you know that I love bread.  Ever since I was little, my dad and step mom always bought really good, special bread, not just plain ole white bread.  My favorite two kinds are both kinds that I bought this week: Jewish rye bread and pumpernickel, the darker the better.


Another favorite has been these cucumber sandwiches.  It's just the bread, plain cream cheese, cucumber slices and a little salt.

Yummo.

Three.


Reading has been my favorite thing to do all this week.  I've finished two books.  This one above is the best book I have ever read.  If you haven't bought it yet, go and buy it!  It is so good, you'll want to mark it all up.

I've also enjoyed reading this one on the top of the stack.


Fervent, by Priscilla Shirer.  So good!

And I've been rereading this series this summer for the third time, because they're my favorite fictional books.


The Sisterchicks series by Robin Jones Gunn.

I told you I've been lazy all week!

Four.


My husband's truck has been being worked on for a sweet forever and he's had my suburban all week, so I've driven Graham's Bronco and Drew's truck.  My favorite to drive other than mine is Drew's truck.  This was me on Wednesday, driving to Mom's for lunch.

Five.


 I think eating has been my favorite this week.  After all the heavy eating throughout the summer, I'm loving being able to eat all the fruits and veggies I want, and these cherries are another favorite.  I'm the only one that eats them, so I have to have some with almost every meal.

Six.


Another favorite moment from the week was this night at church.  This was the night the kids campers came home and we had an awesome worship service in the big sanctuary.  I might have teared up over all the kiddos worshiping.

I am so thankful for our church family.  I know, I say it all the time.

Thanks for reading!  Happy Friday to you and love to all.

No comments:

Good Friday Favorites, 3.29.2024.

  Happy Good Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week...