Thursday, May 19, 2016

What are YOU reading?!

I love books and even more than that, I love reading them.  I have read sixteen books since the first of January.  I told you.  I will forever be a bookworm.  When I go places and see people reading, I have this insatiable curiosity to go over and talk to them about what they're reading.  I always want to know.

That being said, this post is all about books.

I told you about reading one a couple weeks ago that left me frustrated at the end.


I was so irritated by this book that I had to go and get another book immediately, one that I knew I loved.  This reminds me of trying to get a bad taste out of your mouth.  It was that way for me.  I did enjoy this book right up until the end, but the end.....aauuuggghhh.  I won't spoil it for you.  I also still want to see the movie when it comes out in June.

So that same day, I started to read (again) one of my most favorite series of books.


I think this is the third time I will have read this series of books, The Sisterchicks series by Robin Jones Gunn.  I love all of her books, but these are funny and entertaining, and all about friendships.

If you're looking for a good series to read over the summer, these are great.

Do you have any recommendations for me?  I don't want heavy books and I prefer to not read smut.  You know what I'm talking about.  I am also all about a great memoir of sorts.  I pre-ordered Sophie Hudson's newest book last week, Giddy Up, Eunice.  She is the author of the Boo Mama blog, A Little Salty To Cut The Sweet, and Home Is Where My People Are.

Do you have something you've read lately that you loved, and it meets all these specifications?

I'd love to hear about what you're reading.  Seriously.  Share some comment love for the sake of a good book.

Thanks in advance!  Love to all.

No comments:

Good Friday Favorites, 3.29.2024.

  Happy Good Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week...