Friday, May 20, 2016

Friday Favorites


Happy Friday!  I am linking up with Momfessionals for this post.

One.

This is from a couple weeks ago, but one of "my" girls from church gave me this amazing candle on Mother's day.


This scent is my favorite!  I can't even describe the smell, but it's everything summery wrapped up inside this candle.  I've been enjoying this little beaut almost every single day.  I LOVE Yankee candles.

Two.




This park in The Ville (Hinton Park) is our new favorite place to hang out.  My kids, in some form or fashion, went there four times in the last week.  I took Jonah and Noah and some friends there for a picnic Friday night and we had a great time.  The scenery is beautiful!

Three.


Prom last Saturday night is definitely in my favorite memories from the week.  When I saw Graham in his tuxedo, I couldn't help but get all teary eyed.  He looked so grown up and I cannot BELIEVE he will be a senior in high school this fall.  That group of kids that went together are definitely some stellar teenagers.  I love every single one of them.

Four.


This moment on Sunday is hilarious to me.  My newest favorite contraption in the house is the iRobot we bought from Costco.  It's wonderful to get the floors all vacuumed while being able to sit and watch from my recliner.  These are animals trying to stay out of its way while it was on its path to clean floors.  This is a rare moment of cohabitation.

Notice Callie and how she seems relaxed.  She was ready to pounce on poor Twinkles the cat the second she moved, and Crash was just on guard in case the iRobot decided it was going to attack us all.

Five.


I've said it a thousand times.  Writing out scripture is one of my favorite things to do.

Six.


This is my favorite thing I saw all week on the internet.  I love this quote by Dave Willis.  Do you follow him and his wife (whose name I cannot remember) on social media?  You should, if you don't.  They give great marital advice, and they each have a blog they write on.

Seven.

Topping off our wonderful week were these moments we spent with my extended family yesterday.  My beloved step-dad, Bill, retired from his job and his company gave a really nice retirement lunch for the company and their families at The Hard Rock Cafe.


We took some time for a photo opportunity outside while waiting for our food.  This is to represent his new "relaxing" phase of life.  Yeah, right.  If you believe that, DON'T.  My mom has a to-do list that is a mile long for this man to do now that he is retired.


Can I never have a picture with me in it without Drew in the background?  And not just Drew.  The other mischievous one you see is Trey, my step brother who came in town to surprise his dad.


We love Big Daddy!  (That is what the boys call him.)  This man is some kind of special.  He has a heart made purely of gold, and he has loved on my boys well in the seventeen years we've had them.  He tops their list as one of their most favorite people ever to live.  He is the one who, right when we got married, started inviting Todd and myself over every weekend for a family style dinner.  That has evolved into us spending most Saturday nights with them, even if it is becoming a little more rare for all of us to be there.  We are so thankful for his presence in our lives, and for ALL of the wonderful other grandparents as well.  I feel very fortunate that my kids have such great relationships with all of the parentals.

He is definitely one of our favorites.

I hope your day is great.  Thanks for reading my blog!  Love to all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...