Wednesday, March 30, 2016

What I'm Looking Forward To

I have no fun pictures to share!  So sad.  (A week of illness does that to one.)  I also have nothing fun to share that we've been doing, but it's okay.  I thought I would share about a few things I'm looking forward to instead.

One is coming up tomorrow night!  A few weeks ago at D-Now at our church for our youth, there was a competition the whole weekend that took place.  Being the complete opposite of competitive, Missy and I DID NOT TRY even a little to win, because neither of us cared about that.  We even laughed really hard on Saturday night, thinking we'd lose and telling the girls, "We're so sorry, we didn't win...but we talked about Jesus and we prayed for you!"

Well.  We ended up winning second place.  Our prize is what happens tomorrow night.  The church is treating our girls to Winter Jam in Tupelo, and I always look forward to spending time with them!


Here are a few of them, and more than a few are missing from this picture, but you get the idea.  I love them so much!  Of course spending time with them means spending time with this one.


No matter what we do, or where we go, we have fun together.  We love to laugh.  I am so thankful for this precious lady!  She is God's gift to me.

Another thing I'm looking forward to is Sunday~Drew's sixteenth birthday!  I will be taking him to get his driver's license on the Friday following his birthday.


Oh, Drewby.  Praise God I have made it through teaching TWO of my sons how to drive.  There were days that I thought for sure that Drew was going to kill us both.  Like the day he put my car into neutral, thinking he was turning on the blinker.  I am not even kidding.  I hit his hand so hard that I left marks.  I was afraid he was going to accidentally put it into reverse and that would have been terrible.  But we made it, and he has become a wonderful driver.  Thanks to my husband and my dad, too, for helping out tons in the department of teaching him.

I am so excited for him to have his first weekend as a driver!  I remember that time in my life so well.

Our church always has a women's retreat the last weekend of April and this year is no exception.  The past two years I've helped lead worship for it, and I look forward to that again this year.  This is always one of my favorite things that we do as a church family.

Also at the end of April, I am going on a quick one night trip to Nashville with some of my favorite people ever...my church people.  I did this last year when this conference was in Dallas, and we had a blast.  Here are three of the girls who went last year.  We also had another girl with us and my friend Lauri's son (she's on the right).  It was so fun!  Abbey and I *might* have sung songs from White Christmas and other musicals the whole way back.


And all this is just in April.  It's a busy month!  I'm looking forward to it.  Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

a day in the life post on a Tuesday

  Happy Tuesday, friends! I'm taking notes from Joanne and Maria ; I decided to write my version of a day in the life post. This will h...