Friday, January 29, 2016

Friday Favorites

Happy, happy Friday!  I am linking up with Andrea from Momfessionals for this post.  It's been a wonderful week!  Here are some of my favorite moments and things from this past week.

One.



On Saturday of last weekend, we attended the fundraiser of a family from our church.  They are going to Guatemala in just a few weeks and they had a lunch and square dance to help raise money.  We had jambalaya and the kids had a great time dancing.  My favorite person was there, and per usual, we had a great time together.  And yes, where Missy is, laughter is also present.  She cracks me up.  (I love you, my friend!)

My husband MIGHT have drug out Graham's friend girl to the dance floor and made her dance.  It's a good thing she loves us, because while he did that, I took pictures.

Two.


On Sunday at church, we had a Lord's Supper service.  This is probably my favorite kind of service at church that our pastor does.  It is always a big deal, since we only do this once a quarter, and it's always very reverent and moving.  I do not know how he does a different service for each time we partake in communion, but he does.  I have never sat through one of these services without crying.  I took this picture on Sunday while I was waiting to go up to choir.

Three.


My favorite mail day is a day when books come in from Amazon.  These little gems came in on Sunday and on Monday, they were both being read by my kids.

Four.


My favorite app on my phone right now is GoodReads.  If you are on this website, my username is Jennifer Goodwin.  This was my Tuesday picture from Instagram.  I had just completed my fifth book since January one.

Five.


The greatest and my most favorite thing that I do during the school week is going to our church and praying with my dear friend, Abbey.  I love this lady so much and I love, even more, her heart.  She is definitely my iron sharpening iron type of friend, and I pray that I am always that for her.  We glean so much from one another, and often times, we pray and discover that God has knitted our hearts together in a special way that week.  I cannot tell you how many times we've learned that we were praying for the same thing, or that we were asking God to do a specific thing that was similar to what the other was praying.

He is so good like that.

This picture above is so funny to me.  We have a shelf of lost and found items by our church offices, and Drew found this pretty sweater and wore it for a while we were there.  He cracks me up.

Six.


A favorite sight to behold is when I walk in a room to find this jumbled mess of pallets and blankets all over the floor.  It means my boys are not too old to want to sleep in the same room at night.  This was Drew, Jonah and Noah for most of this week.  I love how close they are!

Seven.


Another favorite thing of all is Scripture writing.  I have been doing this since November one and I am still going strong.  I printed off February's guide last night and I bought a new binder to put all the pages in.  I started in a journal, but I don't love the way the pages are bound together and it makes me write funny, so I redid all of January last night on the computer.  Since I typed out so many, I went ahead and typed out the rest of this month, and I will start fresh on notebook paper on Monday.

One last thing before I go, and that is a website I have recently come across, thanks to Abbey.  This website is called Revive Our Hearts.  Nancy DeMoss Wolgemuth is an author and speaker, and she has a series of podcasts called Personal Petitions that I have been listening to.  I signed up to receive a lot of her emails for different areas of ministry and have thoroughly enjoyed reading and listening this week.  I wanted to encourage you to see for yourself, so click on the website's title in this paragraph, and the link will take you straight there.

Thanks for reading my blog!  Love to all.

3 comments:

  1. I have been attempting to do the scripture writing as well and struggling! I have a goal to do it every day in February and I am going to try my hardest to actually finish it all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I struggled with it at first, too, then it FINALLY became habit. I think that is the hardest part is forming the habit. I hope you're able to stick with it. It is so beneficial! Thank you for the comment!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I can't believe it's already this day in the week. Wasn't it just yesterday that I was getting ready ...