Wednesday, January 20, 2016

diligent

Do you ever feel like you keep reading or seeing or hearing a word over and over?  I have experienced this lately with the word 'diligent'.

The meaning of diligent, according to Merriam Webster is this:

"characterized by steady, earnest and energetic effort".

It also means working hard and carefully at something.

When I say that this word keeps popping up in my life, I truly mean that.  Just yesterday in my scripture writing, I saw the same word in the passage for that day.  I'll just write it out for you.

"Love must be without hypocrisy.  Detest evil; cling to what is good.  Show family affection to one another with brotherly love.  Outdo one another in showing honor.  Do not lack diligence; be fervent in spirit; serve the Lord.  Rejoice in hope; be patient in affliction; be persistent in prayer.  Share with the saints in their needs; pursue hospitality.  Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse.  Rejoice with those who rejoice; weep with those who weep.  Be in agreement with one another.  Do not be proud; instead, associate with the humble.  Do not be wise in your own estimation."  Romans 12:9-16

And all this has made me wonder what I am diligent in.  Is there a reason why this word keeps coming to my attention?  I do believe that's true, nothing happens by sheer coincidence.  So yesterday I wrote the word down in my journal after praying about it and asking God to show me why He keeps having me notice it.  I don't know the answer yet, but I know that I am praying and I am reading God's word, and I long for more and more of Him.  And maybe that's the answer.  I have sensed a change in things lately, like the fact that I need to be more mindful of time and how I spend my days.  I ask God all the time to make me a good steward of my time as I study His word, as I teach my kids, as I spend time with my family, with friends, with teenagers.

I really don't have a purpose in writing this today, it's just what is on my heart and in my journal.


It's also how I am praying right now~I've asked God to make me diligent in prayer as well, because how often do I talk about things without praying?  

This is all just something to think about.  Love to all.

No comments:

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...