Friday, November 20, 2015

Friday Favorites


Happy Friday!  This week went by with lightening speed.  Can you believe that this day next week is the day after Thanksgiving?!  I cannot.  My dad always warned me that this would happen~that I would get older and that the years would start flying by.

He was so right.

And speaking of that day next week and my favorites, this time next week, I will be blaring the Christmas music and decking the halls!  It's the day we always decorate for Christmas, and I cannot WAIT!

This week was really good, and I am so excited about upcoming events this weekend, but I'll tell you more about that at the end.

I'm linking up with Andrea from Momfessionals for this post.

I mentioned on Monday, I think, the sweet time that the girls from community group had in my home Sunday night.  It had nothing to do with my home, or me, but about God, and how faithful He is.  This moment has been one that I have thought back on often this week, and was definitely a favorite.


I love our youth, y'all.  I mean, I really, really love them.  They amaze me every time I'm with them, and I love how open and honest most of them are with each other.  I am so thankful I am able to be a small part of their lives.  I also love my fellow youth leaders.  I feel so fortunate to get to walk alongside them in life, and they are always provoking me on to good works.  (Encouraging me.)

Happy sigh.

Another favorite moment was from Tablescapes at our church Tuesday night.  My whole family was there with me, either serving or helping with technical things, and I was with all of my favorite people.  Our table was so much fun, and the event put me right in the Christmas spirit.



As if I need to be in the Christmas spirit any more than I already am.  ;)  What can I say?  It's my favorite time of year!

I told y'all that I won a Yankee candle while I was there, and you had better believe that I've been enjoying it.  It's my favorite thing in my house right now, and I've been lighting it early in the mornings, as I sit in my recliner and talk to God and read His word.


It smells just like Christmas.

Happy sigh again.

I don't have a picture of this, but my favorite man made it back home safely last night!  We were all glad to see him.  He had a fun couple of days with Jeremy and the other guys from church that went to the conference in Nashville, and he even won something!  Wow...we usually never win anything!  His prize was a really nice pair of headphones.

The past few weeks, I've given up Netflix and have been reading in its place.  I picked up one of my favorite book series from one of my favorite authors (The Baxter Family series by Karen Kingsbury) and was trying to get through the first five before Thanksgiving.  I finished the last one Tuesday night, and I went and fished these out of their hiding place.


I LOVE CHRISTMAS BOOKS.  They are my most favorite ever, of all time.  But even though I just pulled these out, I made a trip to the library yesterday and got a whole new stack.  I checked out titles from Debbie Macomber and Richard Paul Evans.

Happy sigh, yet again.

This afternoon starts one of my favorite events with our youth that we do every year.  It's our annual girls retreat!  I am riding out to the campground with my friend Missy pictured above, and we will be spending tonight in a cabin with our girls.  I get to spend lots and lots of time with all my favorites, another of whom is this girl below.


I am so excited.  I have a busy morning planned, then lunch with my dad, a Kroger run and home to pack.  I cannot wait.  Would you do me a favor and pray for all of us?  The girls and us leaders?  There are a few girls going that I am really praying God does a mighty work in.  I would so appreciate those prayers.  Thanks, in advance!

Well, speaking of my busy morning, I have to run!  Have a great day and weekend.  Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites, 4.26.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...