Saturday, November 28, 2015

a post Thanksgiving post

On Wednesday night, my best friend and her adorable family came into town for Thanksgiving.  Actually, they got here Monday, but I saw them on this day.  We went over to her parent's house for munchies and just sat and visited.  It is always so good to see this girl!  I miss her more than words can adequately express.  But, when she leaves, my heart is all full again.


Her daughter, Annalise, adores my kids, but mostly Drew.  (Bubbles.)


Annalise didn't feel good, but she let him sit and feed her a bowl of chili.  It was all over her mouth in this picture, and right after I took this, she let me clean her off some.


She was taking selfies.  I am not even kidding.

I almost can't stand how cute she is!

It was so good seeing all of them.  I'm not sure when the next time will happen, so I soak up our time together.

On Thanksgiving, we went to my mom's house at twelve.  It was just our family, my sister and nephew, and Mom and Bill.  It was quiet, but it was simple and really nice.  The food was amazing and we all ate way too much.

After lunch, per Thanksgiving day tradition, all the boys went off into the woods to play.


Target practice, anyone?

While they were gone, we watched a Hallmark movie.


Look how beautiful my mom's mantle is, decorated for Christmas!  I couldn't stop looking at everything.

When the boys came back, two hours later almost, we all had dessert and headed back home.  Todd ended up riding with the sheriff's department, and the boys and I decked the halls.


They are pretty amazing, these boys I have.  I am so thankful for them!

Yesterday, for the first time ever, my mom, sister and I went shopping together on Black Friday.  I only went because I had finished decorating.  It wasn't crazy, because we waited until later in the morning, but we had fun.  We went to Lifeway Christian bookstore (my favorite), Dillard's, lunch at Firebird's, Home Goods, and Hobby Lobby.


I got some things.  Two new cd's (this one above is amazing and very worshipful), a book, a new Christmas water bottle, a coffee tray and a sign I put in my kitchen.  For my upcoming 39th birthday, my sister stuck to her tradition of buying me something Christmas-y.


This pillow.  I love their pillows!  I know where I will be spending some Christmas money this year.  That was my first time into Home Goods, and I decided I can't go in there too often.  I loved everything in the whole store.

Last night we had dinner with my dad and stepmom, then went to the zoo, for Zoo Lights.


And for the first time ever, a girlfriend went with us to a family thing.  The sweet girl you see beside Graham is Rachel.

It was a fun night.  On the way home, we went to Baskin Robbins, then pretty much came home and collapsed.  It was a long day~good, but long.  Today has been super lazy, and will end with us with friends tonight for dinner and cards.

Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I can't believe it's already this day in the week. Wasn't it just yesterday that I was getting ready ...