Sunday, August 23, 2015

when the parenting is hard

I love my kids so much, and I love being their mom.  But sometimes, parenting is hard.  When you see them hurting, it might as well be you hurting.  In fact, I would much rather it be me than any one of them.  This weekend has been one such time.  

I won't go into the how and why of it all, but wouldn't you know that God would use this situation to show ME something?
 
I love how He does that.  

It's hard to focus on doing what is right in God's eyes when your mama bear instincts jump out all over the place, but that is something God showed me tonight, and I had a talk with my boys about what we are supposed to do when someone wrongs us.  Instead of being easily offended, or overly sensitive, I encouraged them to just take it all to God.  He wants us to give Him all of our burdens and to cast our cares upon Him anyway, and since He knows our hearts, why not just lay it all out for Him?  

The cool thing is, is that when we do that, He immediately lightens our load.  I felt like a huge weight had been lifted from me tonight as I talked with my boys, and then later as we prayed.  

The take away from this blog post is this: God knows.  Even though He knows, I believe that His desire is that we just confess it all to Him.  In our good times, we should pray.  In our bad times, we should pray.  And when people offend us or hurt our feelings, we should pray for them.  

I love it when God shows me things.  In being a parent during the hard times and in the good times, He provides for us exactly what we need and just when we need it.  

Love to all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...