Wednesday, August 26, 2015

What's Up Wednesday

Well, the theme around my house this week has been routine.  Last week I botched our attempt at getting back into a routine, so this week I started over.  (I accept defeat pretty well when I recognize it.)  I've been waking up earlier, and I've been waking the kids a little earlier as well.  My quiet time has been lacking lately, so I've been more intentional with it this week.

When I woke up today and let Crash out in the backyard while I got his food ready, I noticed how wonderful it felt outside.  So I poured my first cup of coffee, grabbed my Bible, journal and pen and headed to my back porch.  (The boys cleaned it on Sunday.)


I love being outdoors when the weather is cool.  In a short six days, September one will be here, and with that month comes from my favorite season of all.  I could hear the birds chirping around me this morning, and I could hear a squirrel rustling in the tree above me.  I spent some time in prayer and I read John 14 through 16.

One of my favorite verses is in the portion I read this morning, one that I need to reminded of sometimes.

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.  I do not give to you as the world gives.  Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."  John 14:27

I just happened to turn to this part of the Bible this morning.  I don't have a formal reading plan right now when it comes to reading my Bible, but I always feel like God leads me where He wants me.  And the past few days, He has had me read about trust, or not being afraid.  I think that is something I have needed to hear.

I struggle with anxiety from time to time, and sometimes out of nowhere it seems, it will rear its ugly little head.  I try to pray through those times when it hits, but sometimes I feel like I just need to hear from God.  So when I need to hear Him, I read His word.

I am thankful that He cares for me to know where I need to read.  Sometimes He will recall a Scripture to my mind, and then I'll re-read the chapter or verse in context.  Other times, I will just turn somewhere in my Bible, and read right where I open.

He is so good to me, and He is faithful.   I often ask Him to guide my steps, to give me wisdom, and He always does.

The back porch has also been a theme at home this week.  On Monday when Todd got home from work, we took our dinner outside.  Jonah often wants to eat outside, or he will get the porch all ready for us and convince us to go along with his idea.  That is what happened on Monday night.


We had a yummy dinner (beer cheddar joes) and enjoyed the fellowship around our patio table.  The flies were a bit much for me, but I dealt with them and stayed put.  Sometimes a little of being uncomfortable goes a long way when it makes your kids happy.

And that's about what we've been up to so far this week.  I hope your week is going well!  Today is a great day~it's church day!  I love going to church, and I am already looking forward to tonight, when youth starts back after a couple of weeks off and then choir practice for me.  Love to all!

No comments:

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...