Sunday, April 26, 2015

on perspective and being grateful

I don't know where the idea came from, but I decided that 2015 would be the year I took my eyes off of our circumstances and instead, fixed them on Jesus.

That includes being thankful to Him for one thing (sometimes more) every single day of the year.

I will be honest here and admit that I haven't remembered to do this everyday, but I have this awesome planner that I write everything down in that has helped me to be able to go back and get caught up.  And when I say I write everything down, I mean I write every little detail of my life in this planner.  Including things like what we had for dinner on what night, when Todd works late and what kids were at my house on Friday night.

Because of my details in my planner, I can easily see what I did each day, and that helps me determine what I chose to be thankful for on that day.

I don't get hung up on facts, like if I've been thankful for the same thing a few times~I don't care about the facts, I just focus on thanking God for the moments.

I can already say that I have been able to tell a huge difference in the way I view life.  For instance, even in times when my washing machine is broken for the seventh day, I am so thankful for the kindness and generosity of our sweet neighbors who let me use theirs while they're away.

It takes my mind off the circumstance and puts my eyes on Jesus.

The only reason I even mention this to you on the blog is because it's profound.  And it's never too late to start!  I do try to keep it to one sentence each day, but some days call for multiple things and multiple sentences.  I make each day its own.  Try it for yourself!  I dare you.

Love to all.


And may I ask you a favor?  I made another submission to The Today Show parenting panel website.  Click here and read it and vote.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I can't believe it's already this day in the week. Wasn't it just yesterday that I was getting ready ...