Saturday, April 18, 2015

a weekend away

I love my husband.  I love my kids.  But sometimes, a mom just needs a little bit of refreshing and some time away.  I refuse to feel guilty about admitting this to you, because I know I am not alone in this sentiment.  I have learned that if I don't take the time to make sure I am being fed spiritually, then I am of no good to anyone.  It's also why I always like to be doing Bible study.

This weekend our church had its annual women's conference.  We had a familiar guest speaker this year, a special lady and wonderful speaker named Jean Stockdale.  Jean has taught Bible study to ladies for twenty six years now, and she writes and records them for women all over the world.  Needless to say, this weekend was exactly what I needed.

I love spending time with like minded women, and there is something so powerful about coming together as women of God to worship and study His word.  I wouldn't have been anywhere else this weekend, even if my life depended on it.  God knew who needed to be there, and He had us there for a reason.  I feel bad for the ladies in our church who missed out on a wonderful weekend.

I had the privilege of helping lead worship at this for the second year.  There are times when I miss singing in a choir, so it was an honor to sing for Jesus this weekend.  I sang with five other really sweet and talented ladies who love the Lord.


Jean spoke out of Ephesians both days, and I can't wait to read back over my notes and the book she had made for us to look at while she taught.  I always get so much out of these types of things, and this weekend was no different.  One thing that she said last night that stuck out to me was that now is no longer the time for us to be just casual Christians.  The days are getting more and more evil, and it is time for us to stand firm and to stand out.  No more pleasing of men and no more hiding away His truth.

We laughed and we cried together this weekend.  This precious woman of God and our women's director, Mrs. Barbee, are two of the most Godly and humble women I've ever heard speak.  It was such an honor to sit under the teaching and to glean wisdom from all that Jean had to say.

If you ever get the chance to attend a women's conference, I urge you to try it!  Time in the word is time that is well spent.

Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I hope your week is going well. Mine is—it's actually flying right by. I will say that I wish this part would...