Monday, March 23, 2015

how I spent my weekend

There was a huge wedding at our church this weekend, and Todd helped out with the lights.  Part of our Friday night was spent apart~and to be honest, it was a really low-key, laid back evening.  Noah stayed home with me, while Todd and Jonah were at the church.  I don't even remember what we did for dinner, if that tells you anything.  I don't know if I was tired or anxious for Saturday to get here, or what, but we all went to bed pretty early.  Well, Jonah, Noah and I did.  Todd ended up working a shift with the sheriff's department.

Saturday finally arrived and we found out that all the people coming home from Guatemala got an earlier flight home.  That is exactly the kind of news that makes a mom's day!  It was a long seven days.  I thought two thirty would never get here, but somehow, I managed to kill time before we headed to the airport.  We stopped by the church one more time so Todd could go ahead and get the lights turned on for the ceremony.

Somebody is his daddy's shadow.  Everything Todd does, Jonah does too.  I love the bond they share and that Jonah is who everybody calls "Little Todd".  He can probably tell you what every piece of equipment in this booth does.

We headed to the airport and met up with whole bunch of our friends from church who had kids coming home.  I was so glad to see them!



I stole these pictures off their phones.  I love that my kids aren't super active on social media (except for looking) and didn't post much while they were away.  They had the time of their lives and worked really, really hard the whole time.  They got to spend the afternoons playing with kids and worked during the daytime, while they were in school.

After they hit the highlights of their trip, they showered and were really quiet for a long time.  And all of a sudden, I noticed this:


They were exhausted.  They slept for about four hours, then finally woke up for dinner.  I had a bowl of cereal while I waited on them to wake up.  They went to bed right after they ate, then slept soundly till eight o'clock the next morning.  After church, we came home for lunch and then left again almost immediately.

Last night was Winter Jam and only for one lady and a whole bunch of teenagers that I love, would I ever consider to going to such an event.  Concerts are NOT my thing (hello, introvert).  I loved all the bands, though, and even the one that I was dreading the most (Skillet) was amazing.  That's not my kind of music, but I can appreciate talent when I hear it.



I loved the band, Family Force 5.  It kind of surprises me that I liked them so much, but they were amazing and extremely entertaining.  :)  Those guys jumped around so much that it made me tired just watching.  We got home way late and we all crashed.  It was just Graham and Drew that went~Jonah and Noah had CAMO at church and Todd stayed for the business meeting.

Today we had lunch with my sweet mom.  I made a big dinner and thought how sweet it was to have all of my family back around the kitchen table.  Even if the oldest two are gone again, I am glad to have all of us back under one roof.  And now?


Toddley and I are enjoying Guatemalan coffee out of the new coffee mugs Graham and Drew brought home from Antigua.  The one on the left is mine.

It was a great weekend and today was the same.  Love to all.

2 comments:

  1. Well... We have just about everything in common.. Except music. Lol. I LOVE Skillet!! My least favorite of Winter Jam was Family Force 5. It was a fun night. I'm glad your boys made it home safely. Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That made me laugh out loud, Shari. I do think they are crazy talented...I have just never liked the head banging type music. I had seriously had a headache after the concert was over. And I don't know why I liked Family Force 5~maybe because they were super energetic? It was definitely entertaining! ;) It was a fun night. I hope your week is good too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

What's Up Wednesday

  Happy Wednesday, friends! I'm joining in with  Sheaffer  and  Shay  for today's blog post. I'm going to jump right in, and the...