Thursday, March 19, 2015

Guatemala and spring break update

Good morning!  I slept in until nine a.m. this morning.  I can't even tell you when the last time that happened was.  I was up late and then I was up in the middle of the night.  Before I fell asleep (a.k.a. while I was watching Netflix in bed), Graham called me!  My heart skipped a beat when I heard his ringtone, and when I heard his voice, my eyes filled with tears.


I miss my older kids!  I finally stopped with all the crying, but I miss them so much.  I don't want to say that I'm counting down the days till they return, because I know they don't want this time to end, but I am anxiously awaiting Saturday night.

Their time there has been amazing so far, and the Lord has heard every single prayer we have uttered.  They have all been healthy and they have worked really hard.  On Monday they painted walls all day and got to play a little soccer with some of the kids at Casa afterward.  On Tuesday they moved cement pavers all day and they were all exhausted.  Yesterday they went into a village that was about two hours away from Casa, for a block party of sorts.  There were bounce houses, they painted faces and they played games with all the kids.


(I got this photo off of their Facebook page and the credits go to M.K. Hill.)  After the block party, a family made them all lunch~they each got a whole fish, rice and a salad.  It might not sound like much to those of you reading this, but I read this morning that this is the equivalent of us giving them each a steak.  There were forty people they fed!  What sacrifice and generosity!  On their way back to Casa, they stopped at a black sand beach and played in the ocean.  And in the distance, they saw a volcano puffing in the distance.

Today is their day off, and they will travel in Antigua.  It's an hour and a half away from Casa, and they are looking forward to it.  And I look forward to hearing from both of the boys today.  I told them both to call me when they were choosing gifts.  :)

In local news, we've been hanging around our house.  Yesterday we went to lunch with my mom, and the boys played outside all day.  The weather has been amazing this week!  Today we are going to make a run to my church, we're going to Costco, then we're going to my in-love's for the rest of the day.

It's been a great week.  Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...