Tuesday, January 13, 2015

the books on my nightstand

I am horrible at picking books to read sometime.  No joke.  You would think that someone who loves to read as much as I do would be able to just grab any ole book and read through it in a short amount of time.  Well.  I am not like that.  I blame it on the fact that I started off by reading books that mundane authors cannot compare to.

That being said, I have put down so many books lately.  Too many to count.  :(  It drives me crazy, having to put a book down, but if it doesn't grab my interest in the first couple of pages, I can't force myself to continue.  I am a very selective reader.  And truly, I need to stick to only books written by Christian authors.  I don't like bad language in books and I can't read something that makes me blush.

So, last night, I finished an amazing book.  I started it back in in the fall of 2014, but I only read a chapter and then I forgot about it!  Dumb, I know, but I put it away and it totally escaped my mind.  The book was amazing, as I knew it would be, because my favorite author wrote it.


My Instagram caption read this: "Well, that was good.  Half a box of Kleenex later, and sobbing quietly in my room, I finished The Family of Jesus.  I love Karen Kingsbury's books."

Now that I'm finished with this one, I'm finishing up the book I have on my Nook that I've been reading.  It's by Beth Moore, and it's called Feathers From My Nest.  It's kind of like a book of memoirs from the days when her girls were little.  It appeals to my mama's heart and has made me laugh out loud on several occasions.

As soon as I am done with this one, I will start two more, a fiction and a non-fiction one.  They are Love Finds You In Martha's Vineyard by Melody Carlson and Keep It Shut by Karen Ehman.

I asked this a couple weeks ago and want to know again: what's on your nightstand?  I would love to know what you're reading, because I am always thinking ahead to my next book.  I like to have a fiction and a non-fiction book going at the same time.

Please comment.  :)

In other news, today is a day Graham and Drew always look forward to: getting their hairs cut.


Proof that it's needed.

Love to all!

No comments:

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...