Wednesday, September 17, 2014

What's been happening Wednesday

Monday was spent cleaning my house, doing the mountains of laundry, grocery shopping and running errands.  Vacation is always so much fun, but it's always so good to come back home, even if that means lots of work needs to be done.

With that being our Monday, Monday night was spent kicking back.  Well...kinda.  Graham and Drew went to a powder puff game that some of their friends played in, and Jonah and Noah played outside.  I'm a single parent this week, at least until ten p.m. each night, so I stayed inside and watched tv and drank coffee.


And cuddled with this one.


I think he was devastated that Todd wasn't here.  Speaking of Todd, he's having to take a refresher course this week to stay up to date on his First Responder license.  I don't think they call it that anymore, but you get my drift.

Tuesday was a long (and good) day of school.  We did math, read the book of Esther, made replicas of Stonehenge (Thanks to our neighbor's rock flower bed!  They did return all the rocks.), and did a science experiment with heat and a spiral made out of paper, as we learned about air currents.  We did have a small fire in the kitchen, but Noah put it out quickly.  :)



The base to their replicas of Stonehenge is their homemade kool-aid dough.  We need to make some more of this stuff, theirs is getting hard and the yummy smell can no longer be detected.  If you've never made this stuff, Google it and make some.  They use it all the time for school projects, and sometimes just to play with.  I don't know that one ever outgrows the stuff.

I spend almost all of my day in the kitchen...I'm pretty sure I've mentioned that before on here.  I made them a really good breakfast yesterday (sausage and biscuits), a hot lunch (chicken strips, homemade ranch dressing and salami with provolone cheese inside and heated up), then dinner last night (hot ham and cheese sandwiches with worcestershire and butter dressing on top and broccoli cheddar soup).

I'm not complaining.  I love making them meals like this all day, and I don't do that all the time, usually just a couple days a week.  I feel like it's important to start out strong though, when we've got a long day of work ahead of us.

Last night Graham had soccer practice and Drew went to see his youth pastor's son play peewee football.  Jonah and Noah were outside until almost nine and I enjoyed some quiet.  And I snacked on these.


Fruit filled Twizzlers.  They're sour and so yummy.  It's kinda like my crack of choice right now.  I only crave it a few times a year, and I rarely buy it, but on Monday when I saw it on the candy aisle, I couldn't help myself.

Today has been another long (and good) day of school.  The boys were trying their best to get as much accomplished as possible so they can enjoy Friday off.  The public school is out of school that day and the boys want to play outside with their friends all day.  I don't mind, as long as they get their assignments done for the week.  They might have to do a little more work tomorrow afternoon, but I would say that they've done a great job.


I took this of Noah reading the book of Esther while I was finishing my Bible study homework for Renewed Moms.

It's been a wonderful week so far, and I am so thankful that I get to homeschool my kids.  We have our ups and downs, and there are times when I feel like I am going to lose my mind if anybody asks me one more question, but I so love having them at home with me.  They are so much fun to be with and do experiments with, like when Noah set his little spiral he made on fire by accident yesterday.  We laugh so much, and I have seen so much growth in them these past couple years.  I am so grateful for what I get to do everyday.


This was a little humor that I cracked up at on Facebook last night.  I saved it to my phone and sent it to my sister-in-love, who also homeschools and we shared some laughs and we vented a little with each other.  I'm glad I have family who knows what it's like, and though all the good far outweighs the bad, some days the struggle is real.  And I feel like my kids look at me like this sometimes.  Ha!

Well...I guess it's time for me to get dressed for church.  Thanks for reading!  Love to all.

No comments:

Good Friday Favorites, 3.29.2024.

  Happy Good Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week...