Friday, August 29, 2014

Happy birthday, Mom!

My beautiful mom turned fifty-nine (again) yesterday.  :)  Truthfully, she turned seventy, but she doesn't look a day over fifty-nine!  Graham thought she was turning sixty yesterday and corrected me when I told someone she was turning seventy.  Isn't she beautiful?


We went to Carrabba's for her birthday dinner.  It was so good!  It is so expensive for us to eat out as a family, so we never do this...needless to say, last night was a treat, because it was a real restaurant!

They brought her birthday ice cream.


My step-dad with Mom.

We met at the one by The Clark Tower in Memphis.  My boys were mesmerized by this massive building.


I took this picture while Graham and Drew took pictures of their own.

Here's Drew's version.


He did some editing, but still.  The kid has a great eye for photography.  Imagine what he could do with a real camera.


Mom with the boys.


And me with her.  I am so thankful for this sweet lady.  She was and still is a wonderful mom.  She gave me her love and skill of cooking, she is the best baby nurse I ever had and she is an amazing caregiver.  I witnessed her take care of her mom for years, and she took great care of me when I was in the hospital after my surgery.  She's the only person my husband would leave with me.

I love her dearly and am so glad that we got to celebrate her last night.

Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Wednesday hodgepodge

  Happy Wednesday, friends! I'm joining in with Joyce's Wednesday hodgepodge this week, since this was one thing we talked about th...