Monday, August 18, 2014

afternoon habits

One thing I most love about homeschooling, besides all of it, are the lunches we have.  I love being able to feed my children a hot lunch everyday.  They love to eat good lunches!  I normally make something halfway healthy, but today they made hot pockets.

I also love those days when the work is flowing so smoothly, and the reading material is so interesting, that they say to me, "Let's keep going!"  That, my friends, is a great and near perfect day.  This is the boy that wanted to keep going today.


If you ever only take one piece of homeschooling advice from me, who is in no way an expert on this subject, it's that you should consider doing The Mystery of History with your kids.  I cannot stop reading this book and find myself reading over the shoulders of my kids.  The history buff in me is so excited over this book, and apparently, so is my Noah.  He loves history and today he read "his" story in this book.

Another thing we have done today is watch two full episodes of this show.


If you don't know who these people are, then I feel sorry for you!  This is Chip and Joanna Gaines, from HGTV's Fixer Upper.  A friend of mine enlightened me about this show and I am hooked.  We took a nice long lunch break today, and now that we're finished with school for the day, we're watching another episode.  :)

That's about all we've done on this day, with the exception of making a very quick run to Kroger for some dinner items for tonight, then we came back home.  It's been a good day for us, and for that, I am thankful.  Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I hope your week is going well. Mine is—it's actually flying right by. I will say that I wish this part would...