Tuesday, July 8, 2014

~words~

I adore music...mostly any kind, but it seems like there is always music in my house.  I have this radio in my kitchen that is on all the time.  When I'm doing laundry, when I'm cooking, when I'm cleaning downstairs, I turn it on and crank it up.  If you ever walk into my house unannounced and hear me singing, please keep all comments to yourself.  ;)  Sometimes I forget and sing really loud when my kids have friends over~that's always fun and they love it when that happens.

I especially love this kind of music.


Graham is my only child to pursue music.  He was interested as a young boy and as a teenager that fact remains.  He purchased this guitar over the weekend from some friends of ours.  He ordered new strings for it Sunday.  In the meantime, he taught himself the beginning of Oceans by Hillsong and the beginning of an old Eagles song.  I love hearing music resonate through our home.  There is something so homey and warm about it that I love.

This morning, in spite of a threatening storm (which passed us by), I met a couple friends from our homeschool group at our local sprinkler park.  The weather was so nice and it was great getting to see them.  Both of these sweet ladies will not be returning to our group in the fall, which stinks for me.  I love them both and will dearly miss seeing them each week.


Here are a few of the kiddos who came today.  The only one I didn't bring is the one with the shirt on, with the big grin.  I love how the other ones were all like, "Really?", and Doug was hamming it up for my camera.  :)  Love him.

We left the water park and I ran my two older boys to Booya's.  They met some kids from our youth group for lunch, then went to YoLo's for some frozen yogurt.  I had to pick Graham up and go to the doctor~which I am so thankful that I did.  Poor thing had his eardrum rupture sometime last night.  He was in horrible pain all day yesterday, but he felt a little better today.  That's why, because when his eardrum ruptured, it relieved some of the pressure.  We left with two antibiotics.

After his appointment, we ran by to see my mom at work.


I love her shop!  It's called Cottage on Main, and right now, I love everything in the store.  I sneaked this picture while I was there.  The home the shop is in is a really old residential home.  Before the owner bought it, it was a photography studio.  It's old and charming and all the floors creak when you walk on them.  It makes my heart so happy.  I love historical buildings.

My habit the last few nights has been this:


I am sure that tonight will be no exception.  Todd and Graham are watching soccer.  Drew is at Bible study and Jonah, Noah and Alex are upstairs playing.  My newest addiction is Parenthood.  I am on Season 3, episode fourteen.  I have a problem...my name is Jennifer and I am addicted to this show.  Don't judge.  Please.

Look what I filled out today!


Camp forms!  I cannot wait.  Tomorrow we have a parent meeting at church and we leave on Sunday!  I love, love, love our kids camp and am a little sad that this will be Jonah's and Noah's last year.  However, I am excited that they're moving up to youth...I just hate to leave our family pastor and his wife.  It's the end of an era, and we all know how I feel about change.

But I am very excited about camp...I don't know who has more fun, the counselors or the kids.  I think it might be a close tie.

Well...I am getting off this laptop.  Enjoy your night!  Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...