Sunday, June 8, 2014

on being disappointed

One of my favorite phrases that I say to my kids all the time, is "Suck it up".  It's probably not the nicest thing I could say to them, but it's a true statement.  Because let's just face it~sometimes life can be disappointing.

So what do I do to "suck it up"?

Well, there are many things I can do, but my two favorite ways to overcome this feeling are by prayer and reading God's word.

You know how I love to memorize Scripture?  This is one of those times that it comes in handy having some verses right there in the treasury of my mind.  I was disappointed by something by tonight, and I couldn't stop thinking about Romans 12, especially the part in verses nine through thirteen that talk about "taking delight in honoring each other".

Honoring each other goes hand in hand with honoring God, and that is really something I have been thinking about a lot lately.  There are so many ways one can honor God, and there are so many ways that I have not been doing that.

I came home tonight and read Romans 12:9-13.  Want to read them for yourself?

Don’t just pretend to love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Hold tightly to what is good. Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other. Never be lazy, but work hard and serve the Lord enthusiastically. Rejoice in our confident hope. Be patient in trouble, and keep on praying. When God’s people are in need, be ready to help them. Always be eager to practice hospitality.

Sometimes I need to be reminded~am I the only one?

Well, that is my little nugget of wisdom for tonight.   To lighten it up a little, I will leave you with a picture I took of Noah and me today while we were waiting on Todd and Jonah to get back to the car.  Because what's a post with a picture in it?  ;)


Graham should have been in this too, but he chose to hide from my camera.

Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

a day in the life post on a Tuesday

  Happy Tuesday, friends! I'm taking notes from Joanne and Maria ; I decided to write my version of a day in the life post. This will h...