Wednesday, May 21, 2014

post number one thousand, five hundred and forty-three

You read the title right.  I've written 1,543 blog posts, including this one, since I started this blog all those years ago.  Just an interesting little tidbit of useless information.

Yesterday was a beautiful day in my city.  We have this amazing park called Shelby Farms that we love to go to on days like that.  My mom-in-love decided to take the boys there for a picnic and they invited me.  (I can't remember if I wrote about them not being with me this week~this is her first annual Boys Camp, with all of her grand kids.)  I packed my lunch, she packed theirs and off I set.


No filter was added to this picture.  And yes I was driving when I took this, but I still had one hand on the steering wheel, and the speed limit is twenty miles per hour, so all was good.  And nobody was in front of or behind me.

Once they got there, we got all our lunch goodies then headed to a picnic table down by the lake.  Well, kinda~we could SEE the lake, we weren't necessarily NEAR the lake.  We opted for shade.  I do love a good picnic!  It's one of my most favorite things ever.  I love packing them, too.  I guess I love them because it reminds me of camping.  After we ate (sandwiches with deli meat for them, chicken salad lettuce wraps for me, and fruit), Drew set up his hammock.  And I took advantage of a photo opportunity.


Aren't they cute?  I love this picture.  :)  As a mom, I am almost never in photos.  I love taking pictures, but I hate being in them.  And I am not photogenic at all.  This one was rare, and I don't mind it too much.  And yes, I took it myself.

:)

The boys walked around the lake and ran into a friend from church.  We chatted with her for a bit, then decided we'd had enough outside for a while.  It was really windy and I think we were all kind of over it.  My mom-in-love and me switched cars, I said goodbye to my boys and then I almost busted my rear in the parking lot.  Seriously, I tripped over a curb thing.  Yes, it hurt.  I took this picture of Graham after that~he was showing me something on his phone.  I love how he looks and I don't know if I'll ever get used to seeing him behind the wheel.


So handsome.  :)  His hair is longer than it's been in quite some time, and it's so DARK!  People keep thinking he's dyed it black.  He has not, it's just that he usually keeps it cut in a buzz cut, but he's letting it grow out some.  I love it!  When it gets to a certain length, it is so curly.  You should feel it~the poor kid has so much hair and it's so thick that it feels like horse hair~water just beads up and rolls off.

In other words, he was blessed with my hair.  "Blessed" was written facetiously.

I headed home after this and watched Dancing With The Stars, then took a nap.  Todd came home and took me out for Mexican food at five fifteen~I was starving!  We went to Academy afterwards to pick up a wagon thing his mom asked us to get her, and while we were there bought Graham and Drew new swimming trunks.  And my husband, believe it or not, bought a pair of bright red shorts!

I thought I had a picture, but I don't.  We came home after that and I finished the finale of DWTS and then we watched The Voice.  Both were so good!!

Well, I need to shut down the laptop~my friend is coming to get me to take me to my post op appointment.  I hope you have a great day!  Love to all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

What's Up Wednesday

  Happy Wednesday, friends! I'm joining in with  Sheaffer  and  Shay  for today's blog post. I'm going to jump right in, and the...