Thursday, May 15, 2014

frustration



I was so frustrated at one point today that I think steam came out of my ears.  How do you handle life's frustrations?  I immediately sent my friend a text asking for prayer, and she sensed the tone of the text so she just called me.

And, I cried on her.  Again.  I've actually done better since Monday, because this was the first time tears had been shed (well, almost) since then.

But then today happened and...well, I cried.  I was frustrated at a situation, at the fact that I can't drive still, at how at that time, I had no control over the situation.

So when things like this pop up, how do you handle it?

I wish I could say that I prayed, but that would be a lie.  I should have prayed, but I was so frustrated that it was the last thing on my mind.  As I'm writing this, I am reminded of what I read in the Bible this morning.  I was in Psalm 139.  You know how it goes.

O Lord, You have searched me and You know me.  You know when I sit and when I rise; You perceive my thoughts from afar.  You discern my going out and my lying down; You are familiar with all my ways.  Before a word is on my tongue, You know it completely, O Lord.  You hem me in behind and before, You lay Your hand upon me.  Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain.  Where can I go from Your spirit?  Where can I flee from Your presence?  If I go up to the heavens, You are there; if I make my bed in the depths, You are there.  If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there Your hand will guide me, Your right hand will hold me fast.   

And just like that, I know that this truth above is what I should stand on.  When people fail me, the Lord will not.  When I need to talk about it with someone, why not just go to Him?  He will never let me down.  He will never condemn me for going through the gamut of emotions that can happen in any given circumstance.  He already knows my thoughts, He knows the word on my tongue, before I say it.

That is how life's frustrations should be handled.  It's a lot easier said than done, trust me, but it's a good thing to remember.  Now maybe I should pray that the Holy Spirit would give me a nudge when that time comes again.  And hopefully He will cause me to remember these verses.

He is so good that way!  And He does do that.  I wish I could tell you how many times the Lord has recalled a verse to my memory.  And that is the reason why I memorize His word.  It's a great reason to do it, and if you don't already, you should consider starting.  I promise, you won't ever regret it.

The moral of this story is that I should not have gotten to this point of frustration today.  I know it's normal, and I'm sure I'll get this way again, but I pray that the next time, I will remember these words I've written.

Love to all.

No comments:

Good Friday Favorites, 3.29.2024.

  Happy Good Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week...