Friday, April 11, 2014

Thursday & Friday

Good mornin'!  It is a beautiful day outside today!  I am excited about our day...we'll be having my dad over and then we'll be helping my sister move.  The boys don't know that I am totally subjecting them to slave labor today.  ;)  Not really, but I plan on an assembly line, for sure!  I have some strong and willing boys in my house, and I even have an extra today.  He spent last night with Drew.  Homeschool perks.

Yesterday was our homeschool group day, and on the way there we had to stop for gas.  Graham was driving us and he pumped the gas for me.  As I was sitting in the passenger seat of my car, I found a pair of earrings I had forgotten about.  I am so bad about taking jewelry in my car and stashing it somewhere.  It's been a year since I had worn these!  I took a picture of the earrings, after I had cleaned them off.


Aren't they cute?  And then I started laughing, because literally every single piece of jewelry I wear came from my sister Debi.  These earrings, my favorite bracelets, even the two rings I wear, including the one I count as my 'wedding ring' (mine doesn't fit anymore), the necklace I had on yesterday~Debi is one of the most selfless people I know.  She's the type of girl who, if you compliment her on something she wears, would probably take it off and give it to you.  She's done that for me lots of times.  Isn't that sweet??

We continued on our school day, including all the normal school day activities.  Afterward, we participated in Seder, in which I was afraid I would get kicked out of.  I ended up at a table with my four boys and three of their friends and laughed almost the whole way throughout.  I am not even kidding.  I have this issue of laughing when I shouldn't.  I guess the laughing part isn't a bad thing, I just consider myself to be filled with joy, however, it would be better to laugh when I can do so out loud and not spew water because I was trying to keep it in.

(Yes, I did that.  I have issues.)

We had to make a couple stops on the way home, and we passed one of my favorite flags blowing in the breeze.


I'm such a patriotic person.

When we came home, Graham got the mail and found a goodie in our mailbox!  I love when that happens!  I told you last week that I'm on Beth Moore's new Children Of The Day Bible study launch team?  Well, they sent us all candles!  It says, "You light up a room."


And it smells heavenly.  We ended our day with just one child at home.  Noah.  The other three went to a soccer game with our friends, so we enjoyed a nice and quiet dinner, then went to Verizon to play with phones.  (We get new phones next week.)  We took Noah to get his favorite ice cream from Baskin Robbins, then Todd bought us each a butterbeer latte from Starbucks.

Sigh.  I love those drinks.

Well...I hear laundry calling my name.  Hope your day is great!  Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Share 4 Somethings

  Happy Saturday, friends! Welcome to the April edition of S4S where we'll be talking about somethings we've  loved  or  disliked , ...