Saturday, March 8, 2014

the park & sunny days & upcoming birthdays & family time & lots & lots more

I'm officially putting my kids on spring break this coming week.  But, in order to celebrate, we started yesterday.  We are in need of just a fun week, and I think it'll do us all some good.

Yesterday was beautiful and in honor of that, I took my kids and an extra to the park at Shelby Farms.  We love it there!  I packed a picnic, and later on, Graham, Drew, and their friends Zack and Kyle met us there.  I do love my kids' friends, and I was so glad they were with us yesterday.  There were seven boys, total.






I cannot believe that on Monday, Jonah and Noah will be eleven.  It seems like just yesterday that they were crawling and toddling all over my house, making me crazy, hiding in all the fun new spots their big brother Drew kept showing them.  :)  Sigh.

And then.  THIS ONE.  He will be FIFTEEN on Tuesday!  We'll be celebrating by going to get his driver's permit first thing that morning.  And yes, I will be letting him drive me home.  :)


He started studying for the test today.  :)

Speaking of today, it was a good day.  Graham worked, but the rest of us were at home, and the boys played outside all day.  Todd did some wiring on his truck and I read.  And painted my fingernails.  :)  Pink, in anticipation of the beautiful spring weather we'll be having this week!

I cleaned off the dresser in my bedroom and in doing that, lookey what I found!


My very own tiara.  I posted this on Instagram, and the caption was #IalwaysknewIwasaprincess.

Yes, I speak in hash tags now.  :/

We loaded up and went to my mom's and Bill's for dinner.  The boys found out why it's never a good idea to scare Auntie Lisa.  Jonah and Graham scared the daylights out of her (and me) and this is what she did to them.




She sat on them and gave them noogies.  I have no idea how you spell the word 'noogies'.  I was laughing so hard that I cried.

I found this picture on Drew's phone.


My boy loves to take pictures.  I would love for him to have a camera to play around with.  We'll have to see about that, but he's so good!

We have a crazy next few days~Jonah and Noah are having a small sleepover tomorrow night, the whole fam-damily is coming over Monday night for cake and ice cream, Todd is traveling on Tuesday, Wednesday is church, Thursday is our homeschool group and somewhere in the middle of all that we'll be helping my dad take down his Christmas lights.  Are you tired, just from reading that?  I am.  I hope I start feeling better so I can have the strength to do it all!  Well.  Speaking of, I'm going to bed to read.  Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites, 4.26.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...