Sunday, March 23, 2014

my sister

Terri is my oldest sister.  When Todd and I got married, one thing that I remember is that all my sisters raced to give him his first brother-in-law kiss, and Terri got to him first.  She has this infectious laugh and she automatically brings joy with her, wherever she goes.  She loves life~her husband, her kids and precious grand-daughter, her family and her animals.  She will forever be Daddy's oldest baby.

She has been really sick for a few weeks.  It started with double pneumonia, and they're still saying that is what she has.  They transported her from one hospital to another, so they could further test (biopsy) her lungs.  Because of what she would have to have done, they put her on a ventilator.

Praise God, her biopsy came back clear.  Well, she had a secondary infection, but no cancer.  Her lungs are inflamed and damaged, because of how sick she has been.

I normally try to keep my family's life private, but I wanted to write this to ask you to please join me in praying for her.  She could be in the ICU for weeks to come, possibly, but then again she might not.  The doctors are saying that when she's all better, she could go on and live a normal, healthy life.  She just needs to get better first.  She has, quite possibly, a very long road ahead of her.

But God is in control, and I know He has a plan.  For that, I am thankful.

I will leave you with a picture of Trish, Terri and me (left to right) at my Dad's a few years ago.  She has the most beautiful smile, and I can almost hear her laughter in this picture.


Thanks for praying.  Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...