Friday, February 14, 2014

random

There's this huge thing going on right now~the Olympics~and for the life of me, I cannot force myself to watch anything else on television.  It's like someone is making me watch only that.  I'm not a huge sports fan (please don't tell my husband and kids that), so I don't understand why I so love the Olympics.  Maybe it's the stories we hear about different Olympians.  Maybe it's the fact that, for once, though nations are competing against one another, everyone is getting along.  I'm not sure what my deal is, but I love the Olympics!

A friend and I have been messaging funny Facebook posts back and forth to one another all week.  Funny Facebook posts that have everything to do with Valentine's day, and why, on this day, we don't love social media.  ;)

My throwback Thursday post on Instagram yesterday was this:

It was on the newsfeed until Graham asked me to take it off.  So I did, even though I didn't want to.  This was a night when they wouldn't stop arguing, so we made them hug it out.

Yesterday was my favorite weekday!  As usual, our Bible study was amazing and my kids had a great day at our homeschool group.  Afterward, we went to my happy place (the library) and got books.  I "caught" Noah doing this...


...and reading in bed too late last night.  That makes my heart so happy!  

Today is a half day for school kids, so after lunch, the boys' friend Alex is going to spend the afternoon with us.  It's also a long weekend for them, and he'll be spending Monday with us as well.  My kids love when he hangs out with us.  He's really a great kid, and a pleasure to have around.

Did you know that my husband I don't celebrate Valentine's day?  We don't.  Ages ago, I asked him to not ever buy me flowers on this day.  They're too expensive!  I don't get how a florist can get away with jacking up the price on this one day a year, but they do.  There have been years when he didn't listen to my request, but for the most part...we don't "do" this day.

He does, however, buy me flowers on random days.  He's also been known to go fill my gas tank for me.  He's grocery shopped on days when I didn't feel able.  He does lots of little things that are huge to me.  All those things are far more important to me than this one teeny tiny little day a year.  

Well...I think I just heard the dryer go off, and there's laundry to be done.  Have a great day!  Love to all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I hope your week is going well. Mine is—it's actually flying right by. I will say that I wish this part would...