Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Tuesday Goings-On

You will be glad to hear (or maybe you don't care) that yesterday was much better than Monday.  It's amazing what a little punishment being doled out can do, and it doesn't have to last that long to be effective.  Bottom line: these kids love their electronic devices (phones, iPods and Galaxy Players) and do not love having them taken away.  Consistency is the key to parenting.

The boys woke up, had breakfast and got started on school after all their morning chores were done (making their beds, straightening their room, bringing down all the dirty clothes).  They worked a good few hours, then we left to run some errands.  I went to get my new glasses first, because it was the farthest away.


Aren't they cute?  I love them.  I can see so GOOD!  It's a great thing, being able to see that well.  My right eye has changed tremendously since my last eye doctor visit.

After this, we went to Costco, or Costly-Co, as I've nicknamed it.  We decided to have lunch while we were there.


When we were done at Costco, we went to Crash's favorite store.  (He was anxiously await for us in the car.  He threw a bit of a tantrum when we tried putting him in his kennel and that resulted in him going with us.)  We had to run to Pet Smart to get orange cubes for the crickets so they would stay alive until Buddy the leopard gecko can kill them and eat them.  Is that part of the circle of life, or what?

Crash loves to go to Pet Smart because of all the animal scents.  He loves to go see the dogs going through obedience school and he especially loves to torture the cats waiting to be adopted.  He really went crazy over the guinea pigs that all the boys got to hold.  He might have cried a little over those~he wanted to play with them so badly!  He's a jealous dog...he does not like his boys paying attention to other animals.  But his most favorite part of going to Pet Smart is the check-out lady.  If he sits pretty, she'll give him a treat.  If he catches the treat (which is the only thing he does well), she'll give him lots of treats.

We headed home at this point, and by then it was almost time for the neighborhood kids to be home from school.  The boys rode bikes up to the point where they like to meet them after school, then they all came here and played outside.  Yesterday was a gorgeous day~it almost made me long for Spring.  Almost, I said.  I'm still okay with it being Winter.

I got started on dinner while they were gone and was really excited about it; it was another recipe I got from Pinterest.  But then we ate the dinner, and well...it wasn't as good as I had hoped.  It was a great concept~chicken parmesan casserole~but there was something about it that I did not love.  I deleted that pin from my recipe board on Pinterest.

After dinner Jonah and Noah played outside for a bit, but Drew, Graham and Todd did this:


There were some parts of math that Drew could not comprehend yesterday, so Todd helped him with it until he was able to grasp and fully understand the concept.  Graham needed help as well, but we decided that he needs to watch the dvd again.

When Jonah and Noah came in from outside, I found them doing this:


They had a Nerf war for the second night in a row.  I love nights when the tv doesn't even get turned on until nine-thirty or ten.  Last night was one of those nights.

While they had their Nerf war, I was reading and studying Ephesians 4~6 for my Renewed Moms Bible study tomorrow.  We're still reviewing that book and I wanted to get a good head start.  I ended up writing out almost the entire three chapters I had to review...if you haven't read that book lately, I would encourage you to do so...it is full of good things!

Well, speaking of the Bible, it's time for me to get off of the computer.  I need to read my plan for the day and do my homework that accompanies it.  And then there's laundry and grading papers and putting away laundry and some light cleaning, and well, I could go on, but I think you get it.  I pray your today is fabulous.  Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I hope your week is going well. Mine is—it's actually flying right by. I will say that I wish this part would...