Sunday, January 12, 2014

the past few days, at a glance

This will be heavy on the pics.  Lately I've been speaking more with pictures than anything else.  I just can't help it, though.  It's what I do.

Thursday was a LOOOOONNNNNNNGGGGGG day for us.  Our homeschool group started back, and it was a long day.  We meet from 9 until 1, but we had a potluck lunch until two, then Graham and Drew had a meeting that lasted until 3:30.  Whew!  We were tired and kinda grumpy when we got home.  I just remembered what all happened on this night, and boy we really WERE grumpy!  Or maybe it was just me.

The boys were getting caught up on chores and were upstairs for a bit when Drew came down holding something to his hand.  He had been cutting something with his pocket knife and his hand slipped and he cut it.  My stomach was KILLING me when this happened, and just the sight of the blood alone almost made me vomit.  But the cut was pretty deep, and Todd wasn't here.  I sent him a text with a picture of it, but he thought it looked deep.  He actually ended up coming home really quick to get a better look at it, and while he was here he pushed the skin back together and bandaged him up.

While all that went on, my sister Tricia was here.  Thank goodness!  Graham and I went to Chick Fil A to grab some dinner (it was spirit night for our homeschool group, where a portion of the money made goes back to us) and I came back home.  He stayed there and my friend brought him home for me.  After we ate dinner, Jonah was running the vacuum in my room and accidentally blew a fuse.  :/

And my stomach started hurting again.  We were all just kinda blah and decided to turn in at nine.


I was laying in bed reading, when I witnessed this: the Christmas lights were on in their room, and they were calling out history trivia questions to each other.  I love hearing them talk and laugh at night.  It puts things into perspective for me.

Friday my dad came and had lunch with us.  We did some running around and he took the boys to Academy sports.  I stayed home and filled in this little jewel:



I love this planner!  It's so bright and fun and I am so thankful to have gotten it as a gift!

Friday night was Go Fish at church~as in, "Go and be fishers of men."  It's a free kids event from 6-9 and I volunteered.  Because Austin loves me, he placed me at the registration tables and left this with me:


I was so tempted to run up behind him and hit the siren button, like he does to us at camp.  But I didn't.  I was a good girl and just kept my eye on it.  I love this night at our church, it's so much fun being with all the other volunteers, even if you do get teased relentlessly.  ;)  I think it was pick on Jennifer night.

Saturday dawned bright and early and I took Graham to work.  I came home and got "officially" dressed, then drove into Memphis for an eye doctor appointment.  I snapped this picture of my car while driving:


Doesn't my car look like Shrek?!  Cracks me up.

I picked out two new pairs of glasses.  They look very similar to this:




I can't wait to get them!  I'm hoping they'll be ready by Wednesday or Thursday.  I'm seeing blurry right now because my right eye has changed so much.

Drew~God love him.  Here's a picture of what his hair looked like yesterday morning:


I made lunch for some hungry children and did some more laundry, and we made some goodies to munch on, while Jonah's and Noah's friend Ben was here.

Noah had his first basketball game at two (and won!) and then we went to my in-love's house for dinner.

It was a really good day, but by ten o'clock last night, I was ready to hit the sack.  We went to church this morning and I got to see my tenth grade girls and we attended an awesome church service.  Here's a picture I snapped from the beginning:


All the men went up to pray before we began worship.  I loved seeing it and took the picture.  Brother Chuck preached an awesome sermon on diffusing disharmony in church.  He used Philippians 4:1-5 to preach from and, boy, was it good.  It was one of those nice and convicting services, the kind where you get your toes stepped on.  ;)  I am so thankful for a preacher who preaches like that!  I was also convicted to pray more earnestly for him.

So that's what we've been up to.  I hope you've had a great past few days.  Love to all!

2 comments:

  1. Noah came home today from getting a haircut and was so sad to see that I had taken the Christmas tree and lights down out of his room. I hate to see them go, but it's time. Sigh... I know you LOVE that Erin Condren planner. Isn't it awesome? Can't wait to see you in your new glasses! My right eye has changed a lot (very blurry now with my glasses) so hoping to get in for an exam SOON. I love getting new glasses but I stress out so much when picking them out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe! I know, it's always bittersweet to see the decorations come down. I told the boys they could keep the lights until they decide otherwise. ;)

    I do love it! The cover alone is amazing, but I do love the way it's laid out, and I love how the days are broken down into morning/day and night.

    Thanks! I cannot wait to get them~I've been wearing my old ones all day today, but my eyeballs have been aching! Seriously, they're aching. Strange. They're really different than anything I've gotten before~I don't usually do the "trendy" type things, but girl...these are amazingly comfortable. I really need to wear them more than I don't...so maybe that comfort factor will help. I used the gals working there and went very early, so I was the only one. Can you take a friend? Or your mom? I've done that before, but I would at least get the help of the girls who work there. I love that one of the girls totally changed my mind...she said she didn't like one of the pairs I'd chosen. I loved her honesty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...